RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/golden-age-vintage-antique-rc-196/)
-   -   Wanted: King Foo Article MAN Jan 75 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/golden-age-vintage-antique-rc-196/11628004-wanted-king-foo-article-man-jan-75-a.html)

BruceTharpe 03-26-2016 07:25 PM

Wanted: King Foo Article MAN Jan 75

The King Foo is a simple high-wing design by Dean Swift. I have the plans, but I don't have the original construction article. The plans are all that's needed to build, but it's always fun to read about a model and the thoughts of the designer. It was published in Model Airplane News, January 1975 issue. I'm hoping somebody out there can scan the article and post it here. Thanks!

Joe Nagy 03-27-2016 02:22 AM

Hi Bruce;

Greetings from the ever warm Valley of the Sun.

I can probably get you the article you want rite after the April 9th weekend: reason for delay; we are in the process of moving, everything, especially my extensive magazine archives, are all packed up and away for da move which hopefully is taking place the weekend of April 9th. And hopefully, someone else herein can help out in the meantime, otherwise, I will be your backup, OK.

Will close for now, [& damn, but this moving stuff is wonderful, I'm getting too old for dis....], best regards from Glendale, Arizona,

Joe Nagy.

BruceTharpe 03-27-2016 07:35 AM

Ah, thank you Joe. It's nice to know it's "out there" if needed down the road. Maybe somebody else will chime in before then, but there's no rush. Take care with the move and try not to stress out...

HighPlains 03-27-2016 04:49 PM

How far back do the AMA online archives go? I'd look, but I'd have to find my password.

Joe Nagy 04-21-2016 10:15 PM

Hi again Bruce;

Greetings from the 'Roping Capital of the World'.

I must give credit where credit is due: #1 & Only Wife of almost 50 yrs, Shirley, [The Shirl], got the King Foo plans scanned and forwarded to you today. Our move took place as scheduled on da weekend of da 9th, but we move from a really big town...Glendale/Phoenix...to a much smaller one...Wickenburg, AZ...no more phone/net service as we had before, had to reschedule same with different suppliers, namely Verizon, Wow, what a Company, but installation in our area is by one guy only, and took 9 days, then my system had a couple of glitches, which only my SHirley can handle. SO she took care of the King Foo thingie, while I continued to unload the mirade of moved packed boxes from our previous home of 31 yrs; I have aches and pains is places I did not even know I had before. This move and getting older sure is a lot'o'fun, but the quiet serenity, and beautiful surroundings of the historic frontier town of Wickenburg is worth it, much slower pace, lots to do, and everyone including me drives a PU truck. Anyways Bruce, enjoy the plans/article, I sure did, lots of good ideas in the old article, I just wanted to properly close off this thread, and give The Shirl her do, best regards from Wickenburg, AZ,

Joe Nagy.

BruceTharpe 04-22-2016 06:49 AM

Received the article and it was very much appreciated! Thank you Joe and Shirley, I wish you nothing but the best in your new home.