RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/golden-age-vintage-antique-rc-196/)
-   -   Pica Waco 1/5 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/golden-age-vintage-antique-rc-196/11637050-pica-waco-1-5-a.html)

dirtdart 03-02-2017 03:14 PM

Pica Waco 1/5

2 Attachment(s)
Please refer to the waco ymf thread.....

Stickbuilder 03-02-2017 03:20 PM

Why start a new thread when there is already an existing thread on this model?

Bill, Waco Brother #1

JohnBuckner 03-02-2017 03:38 PM

Why? because he wants to! Years old threads with many thousands of posts ramble on, get tedious and confused.

Welcome to the forum dirtdart and looking forward to reading your thread. What about that H1 you mentioned in the photo I don,t see it:cool:

John

dirtdart 03-02-2017 03:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I reckoned this was the place. I suppose I can delete the thread and add to the original, no harm no foul.

I am working on a h1 on the side. I picked up a lehrner motor with a 5:1 gearbox. Figured it needed a fast plane (10 bucks at swap meet!)

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/atta...mentid=2203681

Dang...how do you delete a thread?

JohnBuckner 03-02-2017 04:41 PM

No dirtdart please don,t attempt that (actually you can,t anyway) . You have done nothing wrong and there is certainly no rules that says you can only talk about such and such airplane in just one thread. That would be absurd.

The forum you selected is completely appropriate for your thread. Please continue to enjoy the forum and your thread and you are welcome here.

Oh by the way your H1 is also a beautiful project.

John

Stickbuilder 03-02-2017 06:51 PM

Who jerked your chain? There is no confusion on the YMF thread other than you having a problem understanding it.

Bill, Waco Brother #1

JohnBuckner 03-02-2017 07:20 PM

Actually you did! Convincing new posters that they can only talk about their airplane in an old thread and not start their own is not only wrong it is detrimental to RCU in general. Its that kind of thinking and attitude that has caused so many to abandon RCU in recent years and no way to treat new folks.

John

tmac48 03-02-2017 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by JohnBuckner (Post 12311979)
Actually you did! Convincing new posters that they can only talk about their airplane in an old thread and not start their own is not only wrong it is detrimental to RCU in general. Its that kind of thinking and attitude that has caused so many to abandon RCU in recent years and no way to treat new folks.

John

I usually stay out of controversy but I must jump in here. John I think you may have the wrong impression of Bill, I don't think that he is trying to bully anyone, simply stating that there is a comprehensive forum on Waco's and all are welcome to contribute to this. This forum has a lot of contributors posting parts of there build and are all only too happy to offer help and advice. If for some reason anyone wishes not to use this thread in relation to there build then I feel certain that Bill would be only too happy to wish them well.
Hope this post is seen as a positive.
Regards tmac48 (Terry McCleary)

dirtdart 03-03-2017 05:23 AM

I have no issue. Especially when you consider the capability of the search function when that thread started. It really is a great pool of resources. Also, I asked to be included in the waco brotherhood and if one of the parameters is posting in and ingle threadline, then that is that.

Insofar as immediately jumping in...on the thread itself...as opposed to a pm, that is a bit over the top. I am new to this forum, but not forums....

JohnBuckner 03-03-2017 07:46 AM

Hi tmac48 thank you for the well thought out and indeed positive response. The problem is the wording used by stickbuilder in the form of a question as to Why? he did not choose the existing thread and that is a bit confrontational. He did not just tell or inform him about the other thread.

This type of tactic to get others to post on any given thread is bullying. To the point the gentleman was desperately trying to delete this thread. That type of tactic is wrong and there were no rules broken here.

Dirtdart I do hope you continue to enjoy RCU and that thread
but also understand you are free to start your own threads if and when you desire.

John

I just noticed Dirtdart I incorrectly spelled your screenname on a prior post and I went back and corrected that.

dirtdart 03-03-2017 08:41 AM

John, thanks.

Stickbuilder 03-03-2017 04:22 PM

He had already been on the "Other thread". How else would he have received his Waco Brotherhood number? There is just no reason to have a redundant and parallel thread on the same model. In your case you just wanted to argue.

Bill, Waco Brother #1

JohnBuckner 03-03-2017 05:25 PM

You are welcome dirtdart

John