RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/golden-age-vintage-antique-rc-196/)
-   -   VRCS pics (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/golden-age-vintage-antique-rc-196/4274682-vrcs-pics.html)

rainedave 05-13-2006 07:59 PM

VRCS pics

I'm going to try and put up better resolution/quality pics a bit later. My goof.

Mike Denest 05-15-2006 10:58 AM

RE: VRCS pics

1 Attachment(s)
Here's some stuff I took at Mid South. The first one is a Bill Northrop designed Square Hare. "Mister Scale", Dave Platt is getting his VR/CS One Design for 2006, the Goldberg Falcon 56 ready for flight. Then there is the Citizen-Ship proportional transmitter and a number of vintage airplanes, among them a deBolt Rebel, Falcon 56 with a Controlaire 10 channel synthetic reed system, Ron Morgan's Phoenix I, Dave Platt's Fleetwing which flew with an Orbit 10 channel synthetic reed system, a deBolt Champ and Sr. Falcon and a Class II Stark Shark.

Bob Harris put together a first class event (despite what he thinks :D) and I sure would like to return for 2007!

rainedave 05-15-2006 01:16 PM

Nice pics. I'll get some of mine up tonight. Unfortunately, I won't be able to identify all the planes and who built them.

I'm afraid that short dude with the gray hair directly behind Platt's fuse is me! Yikes!

rainedave 05-15-2006 04:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, I've resized some pics. I still have more to upload.

1. Duane Wilson's King Altair
2. Mike Denest's Big John
3. Ron Morgan's Eyeball
4. Another view of Ron's Phoenix and Stark Shark
5., 6., 7. Various radios. I didn't know Mattel made a transmitter (light blue one)!
8. Some of Bob H.'s planes
9. Jeff's Kwik Fli III, and Duanes Taurus
10. My Sr. Falcon and dad's Jr. Falcon

grotto2 05-15-2006 08:01 PM

Mike-
Dave Platt's Orbit that resides in his Fleetwing is actually a twelve channel system, not a ten. It features aileron trim.
I know because I just completed it for him two weeks ago.

rainedave 05-15-2006 08:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another pic. Here's the Orbit you guys are referring to:

Mike Denest 05-15-2006 08:52 PM

Yup, that's my Big John. The vintage radios are from Ron Morgan's collection. Ron brought the Eyeball, Phoenix and Stark Shark. 12 channel Orbit? Oops....sure missed that one!

Hey grotto2 I'd like to talk to you about converting a radio. I have several Ace 27mhz narrow band modules and receivers. Can they be used for a conversion?

rainedave 05-15-2006 10:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another batch. Let me know who's planes these are and I'll edit this post like I did the one above. I'm sorry I can't identify them all.

1. Playboy and cabin job, Brigadier maybe?
2. Chet Lanzo design (RC-1 or Racer?)
3. Falcon 56, deBolt design and others
4. Sun Fli IV by Dave Burton (bertona)
5. Spook. Owner had the larger version, too
6. Sr. Falcon and deBolt Trainer?
7. Falcon and... sorry, need help
8. Sr. Falcon w/wheel pants by Ronnie Weaver
9. View of the field. King Altair is just visible in flight

pettit 05-16-2006 07:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone know the gentleman that was selling oldtimer planes out in the parking lot?

I bought this Miss Philadelphia on Saturday and had it flying on Sunday.

Saito 56 pulls it straight up (thats the only engine I had available)

I'd like to thank him for the great deal.