Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building > Kit Manufacturer Direct Support Forum > Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore
Reload this Page >

Most suitable forum to start a build thread in - Top Flite Giant P-47

Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

Most suitable forum to start a build thread in - Top Flite Giant P-47

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 06:43 AM
cappaj1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Most suitable forum to start a build thread in - Top Flite Giant P-47

Hello - In two weeks, I'll start a Top Flite Giant P-47 build, and do my first build thread.

What forum would be best? The ones with most threads I see are Questions and Answers, RC Warbirds and Warplane, Kit Building,and Giant Scale General.

I'm doing the Razorback version, with electric Robarts, lights, smoke, and a required, quieter than stock, exhaust. I am looking at a new DLE 55RA. A friend might sell me, if we agree on a price, a used Zenoah 60, or 'like new' DA60. I plan to have it ready to fly in the spring, when the weather warms up, her in upstate New York. The DLE is my top choice as I've read lots of positives on it, and it'd be new, plus I can use Towers Easy Pay, which I like

I'll paint the plane with my Iwata airbrush for detail painting, and a compressor and paint sprayer for full coverage..

I'm ordering the scale documentation mentioned in the Top Flite assembly manual. I'd like to do an authentic scheme of a P-47 razorback.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions as to the forum question and anything else!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P47Razorbackt.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	2130884   Click image for larger version

Name:	p47Schemes.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	2130885   Click image for larger version

Name:	P4DItaly.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	2130887   Click image for larger version

Name:	P47-2.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	2130888   Click image for larger version

Name:	p47-3.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	2130889  
Old 11-16-2015, 07:42 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The best place is just in the general "Kit Building" forum. You'll get the most readers there.