Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

Nobody has Lustrekote paint

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 05:12 PM
TexasAirBoss
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nobody has Lustrekote paint

Its early April in Houston. We only have a few more days with low humidity and workable temps for painting. so, While painting parts for my TOP FLITE T34 MENTOR I ran out of INSIGNIA BLUE. Bad planning I guess. This paint is SO MUCH better then it was years ago. It is marvelous. IT flows out nice and it shines like wet. However, when I checked TOWER HOBBIES there was no blue. So I checked all the hobby shops in Houston. They only have white and yellow. So I start checking in Austin, Dallas, back east, further east, Tennessee, etc. It seems I am the last builder to get the word. There is no Insignia Blue anywhere. And Tower employees don't know if/when they might get it in stock. Meanwhile I have 4 more days of low humidity left before the affects of a cool front fade away. Houston typically has humidity too high for painting, the paint fogs. and we typically have temps too high, the paint doesn't flow out and even out before it flashes. So I must pick my days carefully. Argh !
Old 04-05-2017, 05:59 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

You could try to match the paint with Rustoleum. Also, I saw where someone suggested taking a sample to a auto parts store and have them match it. They might even put it in a spray can.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:11 AM
TexasAirBoss
My Feedback: (22)

I don't understand. You are informing us that there will be no more Lustrekote? That your customers should move on to other products ? You are a Top Flite representative? Or just some modeler disregarding this forum's protocol ?
Old 04-05-2017, 08:40 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

LustreKote is currently on hiatus. Unfortunately, we don't know what the timeline might be for it to be back in stock. We don't have any other answer available at this time.
Old 04-07-2017, 05:42 PM
tcrowson

Where in Houston are you? I am in Seabrook and have 2 cans (age unknown) you can have.
E-mail [email protected]
Tas