Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

in cowl muffler

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 11:11 AM
Grotesquebass
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default in cowl muffler

after researching many threads and doing my homework i have come to the conclusion that flying a tf beechcraft bonanza with a 61 size motor is a no go and have read that it needs something more like a 91fx which raises my question where to get an in cowl muffler for it due to the bonanzas front retract assembly muffler choices are VERY limited aside from making my owm which i do not have the means to do so what can be done about this situation i am sure the piper arrow and t-34 have the same situation i hope the right people are listening to this thread we need a 90 size in cowl muffler...
Old 01-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: in cowl muffler

We don't know of a premade muffler for the Bonanaza and a .91-sized engine. Most we've seen were custom-made by the airplane builder or by a machinist friend of theirs.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:33 PM
ShortField

I'm thinking of using a O.S. .75 AX it's got more power then the O.S. 1.20 FS and the in cowl muffler will fit the .75. In this link a 1.20 FS is used and has more then enough power. I'm looking for the scale look and not the sound. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=348045
Old 12-18-2012, 07:09 PM
ashworthb

I'm building a Top Flite T34 Mentor and plan to use an OS 95 AX engine with retract gear and discovered that a Pitts style muffler will fit with the retract gear after a slight modification to the muffler. I cut one of the exhaust tubes (the one closest to the header mount) completely off and relocated it adjacent to the other tube. This adjustment allows the muffler to fit between the engine and the retract gear.