Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

Spirit 100 kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 10:15 PM
papermache
My Feedback: (35)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Spirit 100 kit

I see that Tower Hobbies lists the Spirit 100 sailplane kit as "discontinued". Is this true? It seems a shame that about the only "full house" sailplane kit available will be taken off the market. I hope this is not the case.

papermache
Old 09-03-2008, 10:50 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Spirit 100 kit

The kit was discontinued due to lack of customer demand. The last kit sold in May of this year.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:50 PM
papermache
My Feedback: (35)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's very disappointing. It was a great kit. I'll build the one I have and make templates for parts for later ones or repairs.

It just seems funny that you discontinue a great kit like this one and keep an arf like the Upstar.

just my opinion.

papermache
Old 09-04-2008, 10:40 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Kits (or ARFs) will remain available as long as people buy them. Nowdays, people tend to want ARF models and not kits. What's demanded is what will be produced. If a kit sells, it will remain in production. If it doesn't sell, then it gets discontinued and not kept in production once it's sold out.