Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

OVER POWERED SUPER SPORTER 60

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 06:01 PM
juanjulian
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OVER POWERED SUPER SPORTER 60

Recently finished my SUPER SPORTER 60 with the idea that more is better so installed a SUPER TIGRE 75 and used a APC 11X9. Had a rough time taming the SUPER TIGRE engine but after several tanks it runs OK. My kit finished in a weight of 7 pounds, heavy compared with lager rc planes now days.

The problem right now is excesive vibration specially at full throtle. The engines runs ok and the prob is balanced but I`m thinking is to much power for the airframe to handle. Already ruined two servos futaba S3151, glitches start to happen from nowhere and when you open the case one of the cables is barely conencted where they solder.

So after the second servo failled decided to change the engine before flying the model with the same setup.

¿which engine will you recomend, the engines today are more powerfull than 15 years ago?

Already bought another SUPER TIGRE RINGED 61 since it had the same dimensions as the 75.

¿will this engine over power the model?

thanks,

Juan Vadillo
Guatemala

Old 09-29-2008, 11:33 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: OVER POWERED SUPER SPORTER 60

Using the SuperTigre G-61 may not lower the vibration levels in the model. Vibration, of course, is caused by the engine's running, but the ability of the airframe to absorb it is determined by the structure of the airframe. Many models have a light airframe that cannot absorb the engine's vibration, so it gets transmitted to the components. If servos are being damaged by vibration, then they are not mounted properly, or the control surfaces can move around too much when the engine's running. Control linkages would need to be checked.

One way to reduce vibration would be to use a "soft" mount on the engine. This will absorb vibration and prevent transmission to the airframe, but the engine will tend to move around, especially at low RPM levels.