Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

GP PT60

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 02:10 PM
stevenmax50
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP PT60

Ihave looked at several pages in the forum and see nothing about the PT60. Ihave had 2. The first was back in the late 80's. Icrashed that one at full throttle into hard clay. Total destruction. Pilot error. But Iflew about 2 dozen flights before Idid that. My current 60 flew many times around 6 years ago without a problem. Now I have removed the Monokote and am covering it with Koverall and dope. The finish looks alot better so far. Icant wait to get it back in the air in less than 30 days. Ijust wanted you all to know that it is a great flying plane and easy to build. Since it is so large it is easy to see at altitude. Iuse an OS61 and Ihave lots of power. So if you are considering a trainer, the PT60 is a very good choice. IMHO.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:22 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: GP PT60

The kit's been out since 1994, which is testimony to what people think of it.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:06 AM
ogm

Hi Bax

Do you know difference between the Great Planes Trainer 60 and their newer PT60?

I had the older and now the newer. I also got a Little Tony. What can I say. I love Great Planes products.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Bax

The Trainer 60 and PT-60 are completely-different airplanes that were designed by different people.

The Trainer 60 was a high-wing, tri-gear airplane with a symmetrical airfoil. It had a 65" wingspan, and was designed by Joe Bridi.

The PT-60 is a high-wing, tri-gear airplane with a flat-bottom airfoil. It has a 71" wingspan and was designed by Craig Golema.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:47 PM
ogm

Thanks You for answering my question
Old 10-11-2009, 07:03 AM
kconn3
My Feedback: (14)

I have the Old Trainer 60 planes, but no manual. I wanted to buid because of the symmetrical airfoil. I looked on the net for a manual, but no luck. I did check with Great Planes and a copy canbe made for $15.50 shipped. It may take 4 to 6 weeks to get here if I go that route.

If some one has the old Trainer 40 or 60 manual, Could it be scanned and e-mailed to me?

I built the PT-20 and bought a ARF PT-40. 

The manual I want is for the Joe Bridi design.

Does anyone know where to look?

Thanks,

Kevin
Old 10-11-2009, 07:15 AM
Broken Wings
My Feedback: (20)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bax

The Trainer 60 and PT-60 are completely-different airplanes that were designed by different people.

The Trainer 60 was a high-wing, tri-gear airplane with a symmetrical airfoil. It had a 65'' wingspan, and was designed by Joe Bridi.

The PT-60 is a high-wing, tri-gear airplane with a flat-bottom airfoil. It has a 71'' wingspan and was designed by Craig Golema.
Bax, can you get Great Planes to kit the "Trainer" series models again? They were excellent kits.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:37 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I flew the Trainer 40 with an older .40 sf (or was it fs?) and it was great! Used it for training, flew basic aerobatics, enjoyed it tremendously. Lost it to a battery failure, would build a new one if the kit was produced again.

Best wishes,
Dave Olson
Old 10-12-2009, 10:40 AM
Bax

ORIGINAL: kconn3

I have the Old Trainer 60 planes, but no manual. I wanted to buid because of the symmetrical airfoil. I looked on the net for a manual, but no luck. I did check with Great Planes and a copy canbe made for $15.50 shipped. It may take 4 to 6 weeks to get here if I go that route.

If some one has the old Trainer 40 or 60 manual, Could it be scanned and e-mailed to me?

I built the PT-20 and bought a ARF PT-40.

The manual I want is for the Joe Bridi design. Does anyone know where to look?

Thanks,

Kevin
You can get an electronic version of the manual if you send an email to us. The cost you were quoted would be to have a printed version made and mailed to you. A .pdf version of the manual is easily sent via email. You just need to ask for the manual of the "Trainer Series 20 40 60". It's one manual for all three sizes of airplane.