Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

help with Axe cp

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

help with Axe cp

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 05:59 PM
dennisef

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with Axe cp

I dug out my helis and decided to get back to learning to fly this fall. I am still learning and spend most of my time doing hover training. There is the AXE and an old blade pro. The pro flys the best of the two. I had an event where I was doing hover training with the Axe and the heli shot up as though I had hit the "idle up" switch, I'm not there yet. The heli jumped from 3' to about 30' and I regained most of the control to get tail in and fly down. I didn't make it all the way. My Axe was in a wreck and I put it back together. It now has a nice smooth disk, minimal vibration and spooled up really nice. During preflight it appeared that all was well. I have built a stand that lets me "fly" on the bench with rotation. Outside, the heli was settled down and spooled up about as nice as it has ever been. the problem is that on throttle up, no pitch, no lift, even at full throttle. I completely went thru the head today when I replaced the flybar, weighed out the parts and balanced everything. I thought at first I had put the blades on backwards but they are right. Hold the phone, I flipped the head gear to have the blade mounting nuts "up" and that was the problem. It reversed the collective. I redid the head this morning and have it flying nicely again. So I got it....