Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

Done with HeliMax from here on out...

Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Done with HeliMax from here on out...

Old 01-31-2007, 02:48 PM
VBDave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Done with HeliMax from here on out...

Hey ElectricHead... Where'd you find those hex head screws for the Blade Grip replacements?
Old 01-31-2007, 03:31 PM
turkey721

I found a set at tower hobbies called HPI Cap Head Screw 2x5mm (12) only $3.00. I guess that 1mm will not make a difference. I anyone else has a suggestion let us know.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:32 PM
turkey721

Here is a picture of them if it helps.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78322.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	610844  
Old 02-02-2007, 11:39 PM
Elcamino85ss

hey garydogwood,heli-world in ca has all the cx2 parts you need,if you go to google search and type in E-flite parts,there are 272,000 listings thats how i found my parts.
i had all the parts i needed and more within 2 days,bought 10 upper blades sets,10 lower blade sets,skids,battery mounts,upper rotor heads,and main rotor heads.
there is also dealers in wi.and mi.with a ton of parts
Old 02-02-2007, 11:47 PM
Elcamino85ss

i have had a blade cx2 for about 2 months now,after crashing it about 50 times i bought a g3.5 flight simulator,and i just bought a helimax axe cp
i enjoy and have learned some from this forum,and will probbaly need forum for help with the helimax in the future
Old 02-07-2007, 12:30 AM
mike07

i am new to this site so please go easy on me see how most of u are talking about the helimax cpi have one also i have two walkera helis df4 and df60 upgradedmy df60 has give me the most problems but sence i upgraded it with cnc head and tail,bhless motor and esc and lopoly battery no more problems i think all helis have to have the bugs worked out i love my 3 helis mike
Old 02-09-2007, 01:25 PM
chaseman81

tears the blade screw through the Balsa, widening it since there's no sleeve to help reinforce the hole that little screw goes through!
(This is why the Blade CP blades have the plastic end at the blade grip mount, to stop them from tearing.)
Now you've replaced most of the Rotor Head and have blades that sag and won't track properly because of the reamed out mounting hole in them from the blade screw..

I had the same problem with the blades and the screw. What i did is use my dremal to sand a peice of wood to get sawdust (fine dust) put a peice of tape (scotch tape) on the back side of the blade and filled the hole with the sawdust then couple drops of CA re-drilled the hole. How when i get the stabilizer control hub (from tower) I can check it out and see if it works and tracks right.
Also when I 1st got my CP (used). The covering was ripped so I re-covered the blades with monokote iron on. Wow! They are super strong and take a beating. wont have thestab. hub till Tuesday or Wed. So I will let you know if the sawdust and ca worked. it looks like it will and I sure hope it does.

Chaseman81
Old 02-09-2007, 03:06 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 339 Likes on 271 Posts

PS using philips head screws for the feathering shaft is a sin and Helimax should be punished for that
I've not messed with one of these things but I can tell you that if its from Japan the screws are JIS and using a phillips screw driver on them and trying to but much torque on them will result in buggered screw heads. Get a set of JIS screw drivers and you will have much less problems with them.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:29 AM
aaron1983

WOW !!!!!!!!! maby I should buy a plane instead. sounds like some angry axe cp owners out there. is it the bird or your thumbs
I think its great you can buy a rtf cp heli for that price. I know I cant aford $600 to $1000 on one. Its also getting more people into this great hobbie with a low budgit. come on people more vids I cant wait to get my axe not sure what color to get. i think its between white and red.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:32 PM
bryon261

i think you should get red. i have purple one myself. you wouldn't see the white one that well outside on a bright day. i like my axe. i have done a couple of up grades. changed a couple of things, but i like it. i think for my next heli i'm leaning towards the falcon 3d. a little bit bigger, comes with lipo batteries. i have learned a lot from the forums. little tricks to do to my heli which have made it more stable and improve the flight characteristics. there is alot of negative feedback but this is a new heli and i think in time some of the bugs will be worked out. i think with all the room there is in the airframe will allow you to experiment . i'm thinking of installing a heading hold gyro. but i'm not sure. part of the fun of flying is learning to control your heli, not letting a gyro do it for you. will see . good luck with yours.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:55 PM
quickster47

When you get ready to put a better gyro in your Axe look at these instructions straight from the mother ship.

http://manuals.hobbico.com/hmx/hmxe04-gyro-manual.pdf

Carl

ORIGINAL: bryon261

i think you should get red. i have purple one myself. you wouldn't see the white one that well outside on a bright day. i like my axe. i have done a couple of up grades. changed a couple of things, but i like it. i think for my next heli i'm leaning towards the falcon 3d. a little bit bigger, comes with lipo batteries. i have learned a lot from the forums. little tricks to do to my heli which have made it more stable and improve the flight characteristics. there is alot of negative feedback but this is a new heli and i think in time some of the bugs will be worked out. i think with all the room there is in the airframe will allow you to experiment . i'm thinking of installing a heading hold gyro. but i'm not sure. part of the fun of flying is learning to control your heli, not letting a gyro do it for you. will see . good luck with yours.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:23 PM
sammy64

quickster47
That gyro install work great ..
Old 02-17-2007, 10:01 PM
AeroRecon

Dang... I just sent a link for the Axe to my bro-in-law who has been wanting to START to learn to fly. He was only supposed to check it out.... HE Bought one! I hope he has better luck with it than some of you guys have. Maybe he needs to take my G3.5 for a few months first! I will pass on this forum to him so he can keep up with the issues.
Thanks
Old 02-18-2007, 08:12 AM
bryon261

this gyro from futaba, does this replace my current gyro? is the gyro in my axe a heading hold gyro? if the answer is yes than all i'm doing is upgrading to a better gyro.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:23 AM
quickster47

THe OEM gyro in your Axe is a very lost cost rate gyro that leaves a lot to be desired as far as performance goes. What you would be doing if you choose to install, per the installation instructions, the separate gyro is getting a heading hold only gyro. Which is perfectly okay.

Carl

ORIGINAL: bryon261

this gyro from futaba, does this replace my current gyro? is the gyro in my axe a heading hold gyro? if the answer is yes than all i'm doing is upgrading to a better gyro.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:16 PM
douglas4

I cant belive this no excuse for this and we as consumers dont deserve this crap.

Ive been looking online all over every forum post and website for a good starter heli for 6 months..ive covered them all. Ive researched them all from e-sky to e-flite to raptor and t-rex's. I have to say im not impressed with any. But the raptor is a good machine and so are the t-rex's...but my delima is 1) i dont have a car to go to the flying fields so its out of my budget and 2) the t-rex out of my budget too. so what am i left with "junk" helis proliferating the internet. total disregard for customer satifaction and quality control issues abound. Im not gonna sit here and have to mod and repair and tweak every dam heli i buy on the market. I feel your pain buddy. the axe cp was my last choice after reading about all the others...."then came rcgroups.com" and these forums. *sigh* sad to say now im left with nothing back to square one. i do have however 6 havocs by airhogs but only fly 2 of em. the others are in storage for future reference and grandkids (someday)..? its the best thing ive bought yet and i have to say someone out there should invent a larger one cause dam me its one sweet indoor heli. i cant say enough about em. when the havoc (a.k.a. "piccoz") hit the market everybody and wouldbe pilots went searching to find em. some didnt get one till the new release which i might ad has had some fixes and tweaks done to it by spinmaster in the quality control department. why wouldnt they its a canadian company. (im canadian too). my new ones out perform the old one i gave away to a co-worker. i dont have the glitches and battery charging issues with my new ones...? im gonna sit patiently and wait till summer and see what 2007 brings. i cant believe the gall of manufacturers today making crap and selling it to us poor unsuspecting consumers. no dam excuse for lack of quality control and cheap manufacturing practices. i thought id vent. take care all happy flying.

Old 03-06-2007, 12:50 PM
Prontow

Well, I have had my little Axe CP for a couple of months now. Sure I have crashed, replaced my servos with the HS-55's and it's stock other than the servo's and new LiPo batteries. I am pleased with it. Sure the gyro mod would be nice but I consider the AXE CP an ENTRY LEVEL heli compared to Trex and others. I entend to learn all of the basics of flying a heli with the AXE. Its easy to fix and now (Finally) the parts are pretty easy to come by. I will move up to a Trex 450 or 600 eventually but for now I am more than pleased with my Axe. I went through the same headaches and parts shortage as everyone else but it was new on the market and everyone wanted one, including me. She is a little scraped up, bend tail boom and the main blades are less than perfect but she hovers smooth as butter, well cottage cheese! I intend to keep flying her, and fixing her when I crash and get as comfortable flying heli's as I am riding a bike. Just my two cents worth, which these days is only worth a penny! Keep flying guys, and wish for calm warm days.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:11 PM
PilotLight
My Feedback: (1)

I've had mine for 3+ months and the only thing I've added to it were Li-po batteries and a connector. No other mods. It still flies great and I'm improving everyday. I think the Axe CP is great for a starter Heli, just find some room to fly it in.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:11 PM
AeroRecon

My bro-in-law just got his Axe CP and we flew it in his basement all weekend! Fly, charge, fly, charge, lather, rinse, repeat. Had a great time with it. Looks to be pretty solid and a great little 'hooker' chopper ( a low-cost, easy to fly craft that hooks one into the hobby.) He is already asking what he should be watching for in a bigger bird for the future.

I have a DraganFlyer Vti so I am a tad spoiled but I really liked his new Axe.

$.02

Allen