Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

Where do I find adapters for LiPo balancer

Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Where do I find adapters for LiPo balancer

Old 02-21-2007, 11:07 PM
SavageRevo
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where do I find adapters for LiPo balancer

Hello all,

I was wondering if you guys know where I can find adapters to balance my Thunderpower batteries using the Electrifly equinox charger ?

Thanks,
Old 02-21-2007, 11:14 PM
Heliko

Default RE: Where do I find adapters for LiPo balancer

There's a few places to find adaptors. [link=http://www.commonsenserc.com/index.php?cPath=32_39]Common Sense RC[/link] is one of them. I believe there's some adaptor info on the Li-Po/charger thread as well.

BTW don't forget to make sure the polarity is correct too.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:26 PM
SavageRevo

Thanks, but would you know a link to the actual adaptor that i would need for the 2S and 3S batteries !!! Sorry this is so confusing, I just wish battery manufacturers standarized their balancing plugs !!
Old 02-22-2007, 12:07 AM
Heliko

I wish they'd standardize the connectors too.
I believe you need the "Thunder Power Adapter Cord for 2 or 3 Cell Pack
part# TP2CS-3" pictured below. It's third up from the bottom of the page on their site, but since I don't use TP packs you may want to email CommonSense to be sure. They have a forum in the Battery/Charger section and they seem receptive.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16680.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	627024  
Old 02-22-2007, 12:14 AM
SavageRevo

Hehehe...Here, to add more to the confusion, I just realised one of my packs has a "Hyperion" type balancing plug !!!

Jesus, I am more confused then ever !!!!
Old 02-22-2007, 02:46 PM
Heliko

That's odd. I believe the Hyperion plugs are JST style like the Equinox. Have you tried to fit them together yet? I've actually only found two styles of connectors so far. One is referred to as JST and the other TP. On the latter I think it refers to Thunder Power since it's used on their batteries.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:15 AM
quietrcfly

I do not believe Hyperion and Equinox have the same adapters. While the balancer is basically the same as the Hyperion, I believe the connedtors are different.

ORIGINAL: Heliko

That's odd. I believe the Hyperion plugs are JST style like the Equinox. Have you tried to fit them together yet? I've actually only found two styles of connectors so far. One is referred to as JST and the other TP. On the latter I think it refers to Thunder Power since it's used on their batteries.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:22 AM
SavageRevo

Oh the are definatly different. The Equinox uses JST connectors so i am able to balance my E-Flite batteries. However my MaxAmps battery uses Hyerion style, and my Tp obviously uses TP !!!

THIS IS REDICULOUS, i am unable to find connectors so I guess I will be buying more balancers !!!
Old 02-23-2007, 12:30 AM
quietrcfly

Unfortunately, I think that is what the manufacturers want. They hope you will stick with their brand of batteries and use their balancers and chargers.

You can get adapters for different brands of batteries to connect to the Hyperion LBA 10 balancer.

Chris

ORIGINAL: SavageRevo

Oh the are definatly different. The Equinox uses JST connectors so i am able to balance my E-Flite batteries. However my MaxAmps battery uses Hyerion style, and my Tp obviously uses TP !!!

THIS IS REDICULOUS, i am unable to find connectors so I guess I will be buying more balancers !!!
Old 02-23-2007, 02:30 AM
Heliko

[link=http://www.commonsenserc.com/page.php?page=intro.htm]Common Sense RC[/link], [link=http://www.rcaccessory.com/]RC accessory[/link], and [link=http://www.tech-mp.com/bat_charge.php]Tech Model Products[/link] are the best sites I've found for Li-Po accessories. Before you go and buy more balancers you could just solder different balance leads on your batteries. It would be much cheaper. I think one of the sites may even make custom balance adapters. If you talk to them I know you'll find a solution.