Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

FrankenAxe? Did the Villagers get it?

Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

FrankenAxe? Did the Villagers get it?

Old 03-08-2007, 11:53 AM
outtamyway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FrankenAxe? Did the Villagers get it?

Hey Quickster,
Did I miss the Franken Axe post? I have been playing around with a Blade for the last couple of weeks and the Axe has just been siiting on the shelf. I love tinkering more than flying so I'm ready to start hopping up the Axe now. I saw in one of your images that you had a Park 370 Brushless installed. What Kv is it and does it give you plenty of power? How about the Trex head? How much did it end up costing you and did you find any pitfalls that one should know about before trying to duplicate it?

Forgive me if this has been covered already. I did a search, but didn't find anything other thsn the original post.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:54 PM
quickster47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FrankenAxe? Did the Villagers get it?

Actually have it ready to go and have done some basic hovering with FrankenAxe and it is beahving itself pretty good. I will try and post a list of all the pieces I have bought for my conversion and my thoughts and notes on getting it together.

And of course this begs the question, was it worth it? And I must answer, yes. The GY240 gyro in combination with the TREC and the direct drive tail has really transformed and uncaged the beast in the Axe.

Carl