Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

Axe cp Blade tracking

Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Axe cp Blade tracking

Old 03-17-2007, 09:13 PM
rwj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axe cp Blade tracking

I have tried everything to get the blades to track perfect. They are in track up to half throttle the after that I get the high/low blade about a quarter inch off. The blades are brand new. Is this comon with this heli or do I have to mount them on a blade balancer? I marked just one blade and made all of my adjustments to it only.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:23 PM
mnrcaerobat
My Feedback: (197)

Default RE: Axe cp Blade tracking

http://runryder.com/helicopter/t244675p1/
Old 03-18-2007, 12:59 AM
Heliko

Default RE: Axe cp Blade tracking

RWJ, I believe that's as good as your gonna get. You can only track blades if the pitch is at or near zero degrees. One you start to increase pitch the blades may look like they're not tracking right. You have to remember blades need to be able to "flap" to counteract dissymmetry of lift (the difference in lift between advancing and retreating blades) and the pitch in the blades will make them appear thicker or look like they're off.

The way I track my blades is I hold the heli at arm's length in front of a lamp and stay below half throttle to keep blade pitch near zero and look to see if the rotor disc looks like one or two. The other reason I hold the heli is to feel for vibration. If the blade tracking is off the heli vibrates a certain way. I learned this from experience. My rotorhead is dynamically balanced so it's easy for me to isolate vibration from tracking issues. My blades tips are also different colors which helps too. Though this method works well for me holding the heli during spin-up is dangerous so if you use this method proceed carefully.