Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

more on sustituting a radio

Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

more on sustituting a radio

Old 05-11-2008, 05:05 PM
nla_pes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default more on sustituting a radio

Hey guys a little up date on my request for info on substituting radios in a Megatech Horse Fly. First the Horse Fly is a counter rotating heli. I think I was over reaching for the solution because the thing operated so poorly.
I had the solution right on my workbench. Shortly after getting the Horse Fly I acquired and AXE EZ which took me a while to get used to and fly, after all I’m an oldie, seventy years old. But about two weeks ago I began hovering fine and even took the EZ for a spin around my back yard. I am now flying the EZ daily and trying to get up to speed with an AXE CPL, which is quite a step up.
Not to run on too much, in the EZ is a perfectly operable board that contains everything I need, and it fits easily. So I ordered an Receiver, ESC and Gyro (all on one board and operating at the same voltage as the Horse Fly) for the AXE EZ and will simply install it and rebuild the rest of the Heli and use the Tactic transmitter that came with the EZ. I have ordered another crystal so I don’t have to bounce one from one to another.
Thanks to all of you responded, I will advise when it gets into the Air.
Paul