Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

No Lift!!!

Old 05-14-2008, 11:44 PM
sirfixalot
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Lift!!!

Can someone please help me with getting my AXE off the ground. Lately full throttle does nothing but lighten the heli enough to drift. I have all aluminum upgrades on it....which I've had, I have just put new blades on to see if that may help....lastly I lengthened the links but still nothing. Any ideas? RPMs seem good.[sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 05-14-2008, 11:47 PM
BigTruckDriver

Default RE: No Lift!!!

wrong pitch, blade tracking? what have you done to it before it lost lift?
Old 05-15-2008, 06:35 AM
nscradar

ORIGINAL: sirfixalot

Can someone please help me with getting my AXE off the ground. Lately full throttle does nothing but lighten the heli enough to drift. I have all aluminum upgrades on it....which I've had, I have just put new blades on to see if that may help....lastly I lengthened the links but still nothing. Any ideas? RPMs seem good.[sm=bananahead.gif]
Start by disconnecting the main and tail motors from the circuit so that they dont accidentally turn on. I am guessing you are still using the stock transmitter. Plug in the battery and let the gyro initialize. then move the throttle/ pitch stick to center and toggle the idle up switch to idle 1 or idle 2, doesnt matter at this point which. Holding the flybar level, sight down the main blade and compare the chord of the blade to the flybar. they should be parallel. Also check to see that the servo arms are level and the swash is level. make any adjustment here first before proceeding. Measure the servo link length to see if they are correct. 45mm front and left side, 32mm right side.
Keeping in mind that as the swash plate moves down and the throttle stick moves up, positive pitch is being applied to the main blades. If your main blades are not level at this point you'll need to adjust the servo links, shorter to increase pitch, longer to decrease pitch. Using this method you can adjust your pitch curve mechanically to suite your flying style.
Now that your pitch curve is set up for the stock transmitter, unplug the battery, plug in the motors. Set the idle up switch back to normal and return the throttle stick to down position.
Try it now.....

Old 05-15-2008, 08:53 AM
PilotLight
My Feedback: (1)

The most common problem for this is the guys fix the heli after a crash and install the blade grips backwards. The ball link must go towards the trailing edge of the main blade. I guess this means your seesaw is upside down too.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:31 PM
para_seb

hey i was battling the same issue for a while a now.. Since i've finnaly put a 1350mah Lipoi in it, it worked like a charm... Hope it helps..