Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

Axe CP Cyclic trim

Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Axe CP Cyclic trim

Old 05-26-2008, 01:01 PM
rcowboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axe CP Cyclic trim

Hi everyone,
Got a quick question on the cyclic trim on the axe. I've got my left cyclic trim maxed out to the left and it still drifts to the right slightly. What do I need to adjust to center the trim up and correct the drifting to the left? I'm running two different batteries. A megapower 1350 mah and the electrafly 910mah that was sent on the recall.

rcowboy
Old 05-26-2008, 01:33 PM
Shadow99

Default RE: Axe CP Cyclic trim

The best way to re-center the trim on your TX is to adjust the Ailerion & Pitch servo linkages, you say it drifts left. Shorten the LEFT SIDE linkage[ailerion] (looking from the back of the AXE), ONE turn IN, then LENGTHEN the RIGHT SIDE linkage [pitch].
Be sure to TEST FLY the AXE after each adjustment, if you move the swashplate down too much you'll have TONS of pitch when your in NORMAL MODE at ZERO throttle, that's bad.

You can check how much pitch you have by 1st UNPLUGGING YOUR MAIN MOTOR! Then turn ON your TX, & plug in the AXE, let it initialize, the servo's will center themselves. Then in NORMAL MODE with the flybar centered over the boom & hold it level you should see -1 or -2 degrees pitch, at full throttle you should see about +8 or +9. If you flip the switch to IDLE UP while still at full throttle you should see at least +9 or +10 degrees, move the stick to the middle and you should see ZERO pitch, and at low stick -9 or -10. See the pics below as a reference.

Shadow
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93516.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	957286   Click image for larger version

Name:	To45396.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	957287   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze85835.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	957288   Click image for larger version

Name:	Au57602.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	957289  
Old 05-26-2008, 02:12 PM
rcowboy

Your the man shadow, one full turn on those servos fixed the problem. The trim tab is not centered fully, but close enough for me to make adjustments while flying.

rcowboy
Old 05-26-2008, 02:15 PM
PilotLight
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: rcowboy

I've got my left cyclic trim maxed out to the left and it still drifts to the left slightly.

If the heli is GOING to the left, you need to push the trim tab to the right. This is if the heli is LEANING to the left and moving to the left.

Now, this is the trim tab under the right stick on the transmitter.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:22 AM
rcowboy

Yes, I missed spoke above. I tried to edit it, but it didn't take. I just had to make the adjustments opposite of what shadow99 said.