Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

Axe cp tail motors?

Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Axe cp tail motors?

Old 06-14-2008, 07:28 AM
acarter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axe cp tail motors?

I just ordered my first RC heli, an axe cp. It seemed like the best choice, the parts are redily available and it seems like a decent heli. I got it used off ebay, he says he used it twice. I got it for $88 including shipping so I figure even if there is something wrong with it I'm still ahead. I've been reading about these tail motors and their problems so I have a few questions. First off, how often do they burn out, obviously you can't count a crash, but I mean how often do they just burn out from usual flying (about how many flights). I read about [link=http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id=V019752&pid=NESKV003]these[/link] tail motors workig on the blade cp, but would they work on the axe. It sure would beat having to pay $25 for a new motor, even if they would burn out twice as often, I really don't care how often I have to work on it, I just care how much it cost. I also read about directly connecting the motors (getting rid of the gears) to the props, I just dont' understand what advantage this would give you?, I'm thinking that it makes the tail response quicker, but would it make the motors last longer?

Thanks,
Austin
Old 06-14-2008, 08:40 AM
acarter

Default RE: Axe cp tail motors?

Also, is it possible to use my Futaba 6 channel 2.4ghz radio with this heli. I mean without buying a seperate gyro, reciever and ESC.

Thanks again,
Austin
Old 06-16-2008, 06:47 AM
acarter

Any opinions/suggestions?

Thanks again,
Austin
Old 06-16-2008, 11:02 AM
PilotLight
My Feedback: (1)

Yes, I believe you can use your 2.4 Ghz radio to run your axe. You will need to program it to run 120 degree swashplate CCPM throttle and pitch curves. The tail motor should last about 6 months. The one you linked to is too small, but it might work in a pinch.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:00 PM
acarter

Just got it today, and it will work with my Futaba setup. I actually ordered some GWS motors with props today from tower. They are $10 with two props each. I'll probably convert it to direct drive with the included props.

Austin
Old 06-16-2008, 06:57 PM
nscradar

ORIGINAL: acarter

Also, is it possible to use my Futaba 6 channel 2.4ghz radio with this heli. I mean without buying a seperate gyro, reciever and ESC.

Thanks again,
Austin

I want to direct your attention to this post, and those that follow. It may shed some light on your question.
[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=6015303[/link]
Old 06-17-2008, 03:26 PM
acarter

well, it turns out, after reading nscradar's link that I'm not going to be able to use the 3 in 1 unit. It isn't compadable with my Futaba system. Now I'm going to have to spend the money to go full seperates because if I don't I know the gitches will cost more than making the change. Oh well.

Austin
Old 06-18-2008, 02:45 PM
PilotLight
My Feedback: (1)

I read on another forum that the 2.4 Ghz radios will work with the 3 in 1, BUT you must be sure to reverse the throttle channel.