Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

NOVUS CX NO WORKIE??

Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

NOVUS CX NO WORKIE??

Old 04-28-2009, 11:08 AM
rotorbroke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NOVUS CX NO WORKIE??

Last night I purchased a new NOVUS CX and an extra battery. I brought it home. Charged the batteries, placed new batteries in the transmitter, and then read the manuel. I then put the battery in the helo, the top red light started flashing, I turned on the transmitter, the logo started flashing, then turned to green. The servos never moved and there was no response to any control commands from the transmitter. I functioned the transmitter on/off switch several times and reconnected the battery several times. All I got was a flashing red light on the top of the CX and the steady light on the transmitter. I changed to the second charged battery and received the same results. Any thoughts on this problem?

I emailed helimax and got a response in about 14 hours. Unfortunately it was the pretty canned response of " Thank you for your recent email. I am sorry to hear about the problems that you are having with your product, if you believe your product to be defective and under warranty replacement, please ship it to: ". :-(

Do any of you braniacs know where the magic reset button is on the helo or transmitter so that I may hear the sweet sound of servo's flexing and synching up prior to my first flight?

thanks

Old 04-28-2009, 11:52 AM
Gothic

Default RE: NOVUS CX NO WORKIE??

Try turning on the transmitter first before attaching battery to the heli.

G.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:04 PM
microair

ORIGINAL: Gothic

Try turning on the transmitter first before attaching battery to the heli.

G.

Yes, turn on the Tx and then plug the battery to the Rx(heli) while the Tx is still flashing. Rule of thumb: Tx always ON first...and always OFF last.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:43 PM
rotorbroke

I tried both ways. The NOVUS book says helo then transmitter. I tried the reverse also because that is the usual method and that's the way my Blade MCX, CX-2, CP-PRO, and AXE Micro work.... I know there is an easy button somewhere???
Old 04-28-2009, 01:21 PM
microair

Did you buy it @ a LHS?
Old 04-28-2009, 02:55 PM
rotorbroke

Yeah, but I won't be going back for a couple days. I know they will take it back for a refund or replace no questions asked, cause they are those kind of guys. I might just up the ante though and refund it and order the walkera brushless FP version online. Or, I might just do both. You can never have enough helo's you know??? But where is the easy button?

I would call the LHS and ask about it but I know for a fact they haven't opened one to play with yet, they are actually waiting for my report. hehehe
Old 04-30-2009, 07:23 PM
rotorbroke

My local hobby guy came through just like I knew he would. He brushed aside his sign next to the register that reminds customers that any electronic/radio gear must be returned to the manufacturer and made sure I walked out with a brand new working Novus CX. I do try to spend more time in my brick and mortar stores than on the internet, even if it is a buck or two more! The CX sure is a wily little guy and will fly circles around my MCX. It will be outside tomorrow. The thing is quick but will still do a hands off hover with hardly any trimmings... Sorry, would write more, but got to fly....... :-)
Old 05-01-2009, 07:57 AM
microair

Glad to hear you finally got a functional Novus CX, rotorbroke.