Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

Axe CX Micro won't lift off

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Axe CX Micro won't lift off

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 08:11 AM
Jack10525

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axe CX Micro won't lift off

Hello All,

I have an Axe CX Micro that I have rebuilt several times due to many crashes. I have always been successful even when I thought it would not fly again. Now after the last rebuild it has no lift. Both motors spin but they don't seem to generate enough power. One motor sems a little slower than the other. Not sure what to check. I have gone over this heli very carefully. Can anybody suggest what I should try next? Thanks.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:22 AM
Daddy B

Default RE: Axe CX Micro won't lift off

I am having the exact same problem with my FP.

I have two lipos for it and I can fly about 30 seconds before it loses power and sits on the ground idling. My charger says that my batteries still have a bunch of power, so I don't think it is the batteries. I have a bunch of flight time on it so I just ordered a new motor for the main rotor. I doubt that there is much meat on the brushes in a motor that small!

I will let you know if it fixes it!
Old 10-15-2009, 12:13 PM
Sasquatchin

Ihave the EXACT same problem, and I have 3 lipo's and 2 chargers. Iwas told by tech support to check the battery voltage(when fully charged) and it should be 4.2.

All 3 batteries were fine, yet the problem persisted. Itook it back to the LHS this morning, and the owner seems to think its a thermal expansion issue on one of the boards (the motor that spins the bottom blades will cut off completely after 30 or so seconds, then restart, and cut off again). He made a call, got me a call # and is sending it back so they can test it.

Only issue is, he said it could be a week, or a month..who knows
Old 10-25-2009, 07:33 AM
Daddy B

DOH! I just realized you said you had an AXE CX, not Novus CX. For what it is worth, the new motor fixed my Novus FP, so the brushes were worn out. Lesson learned though, I bought only the main motor, it worked fine, but the tail rotor motor wore out two flights later, LOL. Sorry for the confusion, but maybe a set of new motors will do the trick.