Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

Heli Connection Fails Mid Flight

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Heli Connection Fails Mid Flight

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 06:34 PM
MR.FEESH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heli Connection Fails Mid Flight

Hey guys!

I am occasionally having a problem with my Novus FP (Walkera 4#3B).

The transmitter (TX424) will bind just fine to the receiver/esc on the heli (RX2400) when I power everything up to start flying, however on certain occasions when I give the heli enough throttle to get off the ground, the heli and remote will stop communicating in the air and it will fall to the ground, and I'll have to turn both the transmitter and heli off and restart the flying process. It seems as though in these instances, giving the heli around 40% throttle will cause the sold red LED on the receiver of the heli (solid red meaning it's bound), to just randomly change to slow flashing, and I no longer have any control.

I already emailed the tech support for Heli-Max, but I was wondering if this was a common problem, hoping for a quick fix. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
MR.FEESH
Old 10-22-2009, 01:29 PM
MR.FEESH

Default RE: Heli Connection Fails Mid Flight

Well... lack of responses to this thread and annoyance that I couldn't fly combined, and I ordered the brushless upgrade which comes with all new electronics. I installed the brushless esc, receiver, and motor... tested the bird today, and all systems are A-Ok.
Old 10-31-2009, 03:56 AM
animalnut

Default RE: Heli Connection Fails Mid Flight

I,m willing to bet the plugs are causing it to read a low lipo cut built in I cut off the stock plug and went bl as well and added a slight bend to the esc powerplug (upward) to make a better connection when the battery/esc are plugged into each other one day they will all be micro deans but I have a whole lot of batterys and those little things are pricey if you need a bunch