Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

Novus CX is loosing power

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Novus CX is loosing power

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 06:31 PM
ksm1969

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Novus CX is loosing power

HELP...Ihave a novux cx for a few months and it's been good. Now the rotors dont have enough power to lift it off the ground. I have 3 batteries fully charged and the rotors spin but not enough for lift off. Then after screwing with it to make it work, the heli has a twitch to it. I did all the adjustments and nada. Any ideas???..Thanks..KSM1969
Old 01-01-2010, 02:21 PM
JM27

Default RE: Novus CX is loosing power

I have the same issue...flew great for the first week but now not enough power to take off.  Nothing is overheating and no apparent damage to anything mechanical or to the circuit board.  Since it is only one week old I'm going to try sending to the place recommended in the manual for service.  Hope they stand by their product.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:21 AM
hawaiian1

I just bought one a week ago new with spare battery, was flying fine every day then on new years day enough power to maybe do a foot high lift before coming back to the ground. Same with spare battery. All indicators appear to be normal, no binding on either rotor shaft. just doesnt seem like it gets enough RPM but both motors seem to do about the same revolutions...
Old 01-03-2010, 12:32 PM
dragus359
My Feedback: (1)

your motors might be burning out
Old 01-03-2010, 05:39 PM
ksm1969

Hey peeps. My Novus CX needs a new 5-1 brd. Now isn't the CX a Walkera 2-1? Walkera redesigned their brd but Heli-Max still has the same old design. HMM..I think i might have to give the Walkera a try but not sure yet. Any advise?
Old 01-04-2010, 09:19 PM
pfefferpezz

The Walkera Lama 2-1 is the same as a CX except updated. I have both and the Lama is a better machine. You can buy just the bird for around 50 USD.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:27 PM
Sasquatchin

my cx did the same thing. Itook it to the LHS, they called heli-max, and heli max ended up replacing the whole kit for me.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:09 AM
hawaiian1

Thanks for all the info, I contacted Helilmax and they think its an eboard and will be sending a replacement. I already did a CNCupgrade (i was bored) so i cant return the kit but looking forward to see if it cures the problem. Will let everyone know if that cures the problem when i get the board
Old 01-06-2010, 12:06 PM
FoamyVictim

Please let us know. I have a chance to buy new motors for it, and I don't want to waste my $$ on them if that's not the problem...
Old 01-06-2010, 07:43 PM
FoamyVictim

I FIXED MY HELI!!!! It was easy, I talked to a LHS employee, who told me that in the year or so he's had his, he's been through 4 sets of motors. That's cool, it cost $12.76 for both and took about 15 minutes to install them.(they're already wired up, with the pinions and plugs installed) It immediately flew better, launching into the air with very little throttle. I flew it around for a long time to be sure, and it performed flawlessly! So before you send your heli back in and wait for however long, try a set of motors.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:15 PM
hawaiian1

eboard wasnt it, it was the lower motor that lost some power, went to the local store and bought replacements and it worked fine for about a week and had to replace the upper motor. today had to replace the lower motor.. dont know why they are burning out so fast? will try flying for only a few minutes at a time....