Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

cx micro not moving forward outdoors

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

cx micro not moving forward outdoors

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 09:09 AM
grape

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cx micro not moving forward outdoors

I simply cannot get my micro to go forward while flying it outdoors... This is my 3rd micro and all 3 have behaved the exact same way. While flying it indoors I can get it to fly forward nd backward but while flying it outdoors I have to constantly have the forward stick held all the way just to keep the heli from blowing away with the breeze! I have seen a video on Youtube of someone flying their cx micro outdoors and not only are they flying forwards but they're moving forwards insanely fast! Here is the link to see the video of the cx micro flying really fast outdoors. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tn0NfzzM1Q See what I mean? What gives?

Old 01-18-2010, 02:12 PM
Tall Paul

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: cx micro not moving forward outdoors

Co-axial helis -can- move forward at insane speeds outdoors, when there's no wind!
Otherwise, they go downwind very nicely.
At "insane forward speeds", any pull-up and you encounter "blade clash". The upper and lower blades will hit each other. And sometimes stick!
The machine then becomes an "insanely fast" rock!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77144.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	1359002  
Old 01-21-2010, 07:31 AM
grape

Yeah I can see that you're totally right about the wind issue. After seeing the one video showing that one cx micro moving so fast you'd think that a little less than 1 mph wind wouldn't keep the heli from moving forwards but it does. It's a bummer for me because I don't have inddor space that's really big enough. I can hover the little heli indoors and just get it off the ground and keep a hover, but the second it starts to drift in any direction I have to be really careful because of the walls.

Another flight characteristic on the heli is I noticed that when you push forward on the stick to move forwards the heli loses altitude. I usually either just allow it to lose altitude or if I'm not high enough off the ground I just increase the throttle.

So if anyone reading this has a cx micro then tell me this- Can a back-flip ever be performed by this heli, lol? I only ask because I was at the hobby store and on their r/c sim... On the sim the owner of the store chose my make and model for me to fly on there and I was able to do a back-flip by flying up extremely high and by pulling all the way back on the stick..... Now it took me prob 10 times to do this without the heli breaking in mid air but I did it. Is this really ever possible?
Old 01-21-2010, 10:48 AM
FoamyVictim

It "could" happen... with enough altitude, but I ain't tryin it! lol See if you can find a basketball court, or other large indoor space to fly in. YMCA, boys and girls club, etc... even churches make GREAT flight areas.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:33 AM
grape

Lol churches! Hehe, I can just see it now. I imagine I'll find a pheasable place to start flying my little heli....... I'm being very good with my patience. You see before if I went more than 2 or 3 days without flying I'd start jonesin' to fly so I'd get stupid and go fly outdoors even when there was some wind.... Now I just remember that one more day of me flying means one more day thast my heli is alive lol. So long story short, I figured that I should only fly it outside when there's almost no wind. I dunno if it's like this everywhere else but I live in Dallas, Texas, and there really just never are days when it's completely calm.. There will be days that it will be completely calm with occasional gusts of wind strong enough to pick my heli up and steer it into a tree :O. It is quite frustrating so yes I'm brainstorming to find a pheasable place to fly. Unfortunately I don't know of any churches that'll let me do something like that but there is a YMCA here so maybe that's a great idea, thanks!!!!

grape ^.^