Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

Quick Novus CP question, hope someone can help

Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Quick Novus CP question, hope someone can help

Old 08-18-2010, 09:37 AM
kwfrantz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Novus CP question, hope someone can help

Hi, new to this site, hoping you guys can help me out. I have a novus CP that I was incredibly unprepared for, Im currently in the process of selling it but hit a minor snag. The last time I flew the thing I ended up breaking the tail boom and when I was replacing it I broke the wire for the tail. I got a new wire and boom put them on and now for some reason the tail will only spin one way and it also makes a really high pitch squealing noise. When I was taking the old wire out the plastic piece that it plugs into also came with it one time but other than that it was good. What do you think could be the problem?
Old 08-18-2010, 04:57 PM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Quick Novus CP question, hope someone can help

Check the gears real closely, you might have it too tight or too loose. I have had the gears get out of alignment after a crash before. Also the rotor blade needs to be set so it doesn't rub up against the housing in the back too. its possible the little tiny bearing is squealing. It might need replacing. You could try a tiny droplet of oil on it and see what happens. The bearing could have seized and it is the shaft inside it squealing.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:44 PM
kwfrantz

I will definitely check on that stuff thanks!
Why do you think it would turn one way but not the other though?
Old 08-19-2010, 03:42 PM
earlwb

it might be the torque reaction and you don't have enough power to overcome the drag or the gears are slipping, so it looks like it is turning only in one direction. I had similar things when one of the little gears got out of adjustment on me. The tailrotor shaft had slipped a little and it caused the gears to get out of alignment. The gear on the shaft is closer to the end of the shaft, so that the tailrotor sticks out farther.
Of course if you had messed around with the adjustments on the receiver, it might have changed something. Hard to say.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:01 PM
kwfrantz

I definitely havent made any adjustments anywhere.. I definitely dont know enough about the electronics to do much more than change a wire or something like that.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:03 PM
earlwb

Do look closely at the little gears, I suspect they aren't meshing properly and thus the tailrotor isn't spinning like it should.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:03 PM
RWT
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: kwfrantz

Why do you think it would turn one way but not the other though?
I could be missing something here but,

The helicopter turns by the tail by varying the speed of the tail. It can't turn both directions because by the time you could spool the tail down and reverse it you would loose control.

Maybe that wasn't what you asked but it looks that way to me.

Just a 2 cents.

RT