Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Hirobo Support Forum
Reload this Page >

Hirobo Shuttle Flybarless Conversion

Community
Search
Notices
Hirobo Support Forum Greg Gomes of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your Hirobo questions here!

Hirobo Shuttle Flybarless Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 07:41 AM
Zorah

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hirobo Shuttle Flybarless Conversion

I just did a SWM and flybarless nitro Shuttle Plus +2. I'm still doing the setup on the new spektrum/beast receiver and stuff.

One thing I ran into when ordering parts is that I ordered a Tail Servo Mount 0414-135 which is listed in the parts list of the Shuttle Plus SXX but it is not the correct part. It has hex bore mounting lugs that are too big to fit:
In this document, the part listed on diagram of page 61 is different than the part number listed on the parts list of the next page, page 62. This is the problem.
I think I need part number 0412-135 is listed as the "Rudder Servo Mount" in the Shuttle SXX parts diagram but on the Shuttle SXX parts list (price list) it is listed as pn 0414-135, which does not fit.

See parts list here: http://model.shinlog.jp/hirobo_fan/f..._partslist.pdf

zorah
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89409.jpg
Views:	1065
Size:	187.0 KB
ID:	1879949   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81042.jpg
Views:	723
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	1879950   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz67418.jpg
Views:	2265
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	1879951   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57636.jpg
Views:	1153
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	1879952  
Old 05-10-2013, 02:40 AM
Zorah

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hirobo Shuttle Flybarless Conversion

I found the answer to the tail servo mount question and I'd like to say that RCjapan.net was wonderful in helping me with it. They contacted Hirobo and found that they did indeed put the wrong part number in their parts list and manual. Rcjapan said "Hirobo has informed us the correct part number is 0412-141 SD Rudder Servo Mount. In fact, both the order sheet and parts list have incorrect part numbers and they will be updating the manual."

They sent me the replacement part automatically at no charge.

They've been really great to deal with and my #1 source for Hirobo parts. I've ordered parts from Heliproz South, too, and they are good but sometimes parts are not in stock and the newer parts such as this and all the new Shuttle SXX flybarless parts are not listed at all.

z
The following users liked this post:
witisdiekleur (12-12-2022)
Old 05-15-2013, 12:18 AM
glydrjocky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hirobo Shuttle Flybarless Conversion

Great post Zorah!

I was on here a lot about 6 years ago flying my ZX and Shuttle plus. I have been interested in CCPM and flybarless for my Plus as well.
Presently I'm running all Quick Uk rotor head parts. What kind of pitch are you getting with your setup? I have run 11 +/- with mine which allows awesome climb and inverted but I have to limit my cyclic travel to avoid binding.

Sounds like the rudder servo mount part number is the same one used on the Sceadu judging my the SD letters in the description. That would make sense as the tail housing is similar to the Sceadu as well.

Thanks again for the great info.

T