Community
Search
Notices
Hirobo Support Forum Greg Gomes of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your Hirobo questions here!

Welcome Hirobo!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 07:48 AM
mrc-hirobo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Welcome Hirobo!

Regarding the coughing engine, make sure your glow plug is new, make sure it's not running overly rich, also make sure your throttle curve is linear.. try checking those things and then report back.

Also, if you have any local help at your flying field someone there may be able to tune your motor very quickly as well.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:39 AM
GunCobra

Ok noted and tq Mr Dan for ur guide
Old 05-11-2008, 12:02 AM
GunCobra

Hi Mr dan i need ur advise and opinion regarding the new OS91RZ-H engine...my question is last Saturday i start my engine and make it idle for half minutes b4 take off and after that i pull the throttle to 1/4 suddenly the engine stop so i make it a bit rich about 2 click than i flown the helis ok done but the next day when i start my engine back and pull the throttle to 1/4 the same thing happen like yesterday and i don't know why? but yesterday i perfectly operate and flown the helis after turn the needle to rich but why today the same thing happen? is there anything not rite? and here is a view of my models with OS91RZ-H..

2. Kindly recommend me what type of futaba ruder servos which is suite to my scale AH-1W due to today the servos that i use now not perform well i mean it got delay and not a small delay but it a big delay...

one more question i am a beginners and i was told by others fliers saying that a scale helis is suite for medium to advance pilots due to they are forward flight and for beginners is recommended to flew a pod and boom to do a training, and if the answer is yes may i know why a beginners not suite for scale type?? need a prompt answers tq
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55824.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	947107  
Old 05-12-2008, 07:33 AM
mrc-hirobo

1. scale machines are typically for the more advanced pilot. However, anyone with enough ambition and intuitiveness should be able to fly one. Either way it's imperitive to get someone with more experience to assist you and check over things locally.

2. make sure the engine's needles are set at the stock recommended settings as per OS's manual. The manual has a very good tuning procedure that will get you close to optimum tuning. If the motor is cutting out it could be overly rich, your throttle curve may not be linear, the glow plug could be bad, among many other things... have it checked out by a local guru if possible.

3. Futaba s9254 servos are the most popular digital tail servo and are plentiful. It will work with pretty much every gyro on the market.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:29 AM
GunCobra

ORIGINAL: mrc-hirobo

1. scale machines are typically for the more advanced pilot. However, anyone with enough ambition and intuitiveness should be able to fly one. Either way it's imperitive to get someone with more experience to assist you and check over things locally.

2. make sure the engine's needles are set at the stock recommended settings as per OS's manual. The manual has a very good tuning procedure that will get you close to optimum tuning. If the motor is cutting out it could be overly rich, your throttle curve may not be linear, the glow plug could be bad, among many other things... have it checked out by a local guru if possible.

3. Futaba s9254 servos are the most popular digital tail servo and are plentiful. It will work with pretty much every gyro on the market.
Tq for the info bro really appreciate that and i'll get the s9254 for my scale
Old 05-26-2008, 02:21 AM
GunCobra

Hi Mr Dan it me again and now i have a new problem regarding my os 50 engine,yesterday i flown the heli's with a current cool power nitro (green color) and that was the last cool power nitro that i have and after finish the 1st flew i change the new nitro using a wildcat 15% nitro (purple color) due to the current nitro are finish. so what happen after i run the new nitro i get to know that my engine was screaming and roaring like want to exploded out and i turn the needle to lean and it still scream. and i've no idea what is going on but still with the screaming engine i flew the bird and this make all others fliers ran away from the field afraid if anything will happen to the bird. so kindly guide for this matters tq, ur answer will be much appreciated
Old 05-26-2008, 02:43 PM
mrc-hirobo

Seems like it's running to lean if it's wailing away. Try backing the needles out to the stock 1.5 turns out and start going in from there. Hover for 30 seconds, land and check the engine back plate, should be cool to touch for 5 seconds. Keep leaning it until it gets hot to touch after 5 seconds, or 180-210*F if you have a temp gun to use.

Whenever you switch brands of fuel or change nitro content you will have to do some retuning of the needles to compensate. You may also have to readjust your throttle curves or governor.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:29 AM
GunCobra

ORIGINAL: mrc-hirobo

Seems like it's running to lean if it's wailing away. Try backing the needles out to the stock 1.5 turns out and start going in from there. Hover for 30 seconds, land and check the engine back plate, should be cool to touch for 5 seconds. Keep leaning it until it gets hot to touch after 5 seconds, or 180-210*F if you have a temp gun to use.

Whenever you switch brands of fuel or change nitro content you will have to do some retuning of the needles to compensate. You may also have to readjust your throttle curves or governor.

Tq for the info and guide [sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 05-27-2008, 07:01 AM
GunCobra

Ok mr dan another question i would like to ask from you and seeking ur advise may be this question is look a silly question but i really insist to know seem that i am a beginner in this hobby, ok the question is

1. How long it will take for the beginners to do hovering?
2. How long it will take for the beginners to do a turn left and rite?
3. How long it will take for the beginners to do a Forward flight?
4. How long it will take for the beginners to do a Figure 8?

May be u have a way or step for a beginners like me to start with this hobby eventhough i can hover,forward flight and a little fiqure 8 for 4mth self training but for others fliers at my place they assumed that as for beginners like me cannot flew the helis with a short cut way must follow the step by step till i knew how to flown perfectly and they was afraid that i jump from 1st stage to another in a short ways and they also said "Crawling first before you walk" at least took 5 years to practice....really don't understand kindly advise tq
Old 05-27-2008, 11:27 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

It depends on you. Some people get it immediately and are flying around on thier first gallon of fuel. Some people never quite get it. Most are somewhere in between.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:35 AM
mrc-hirobo

I would suggest looking into Ray's products: http://rayshelitech.com/osCommerce/index.php
Old 05-27-2008, 12:05 PM
GunCobra

ORIGINAL: BarracudaHockey

It depends on you. Some people get it immediately and are flying around on thier first gallon of fuel. Some people never quite get it. Most are somewhere in between.

Tq for the comments and i hope im not doing a crime by asking you those question