Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Hirobo Support Forum
Reload this Page >

PITCH AND THROTTLE CURVES

Community
Search
Notices
Hirobo Support Forum Greg Gomes of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your Hirobo questions here!

PITCH AND THROTTLE CURVES

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 12:55 AM
TRAX30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PITCH AND THROTTLE CURVES

FIRST OF ALL HELLO, I HAVE A HIROBO SCEADU AND CANT SEEM TO GET THE CURVES RIGHT. TIRED OF HOVERING THINK IM READY FOR FORWARD FLIGHT BUT CANT SEEM TO KEEP IT FROM TOUCHING GROUND WHEN TRYING TO LAND FROM APPROX. 40FT. IS THERE ANY HELP OUT THERE.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:53 PM
mrc-hirobo

Default RE: PITCH AND THROTTLE CURVES

A good beginner foward flight curve is -3, 5.5, 10 with 50% throttle at mid stick and idle at -3. If you want to set up a flight mode with throttle raised, start with about 35% throttle on the low stick position.

You should be comfortable hovering and landing smoothly with negative pitch in your pitch curve.

What do you mean by "BUT CANT SEEM TO KEEP IT FROM TOUCHING GROUND WHEN TRYING TO LAND FROM APPROX. 40FT" ?

Thanks

jeff
Old 05-29-2007, 11:55 PM
TRAX30

HEY JEFF THANKS FOR THE INFO, AND SORRY I DIDNT MAKE MY SELF CLEAR ON HITTING THE GROUND, IT SEEMS AS THOUGH I DIDNT HAVE ENOUGH PITCH OR RPMS TO KEEP IT FROM HITTING THE GROUND. AND ALSO ANOTHER GUY TOLD ME THAT I SHOULD TRY AND HAVE MY ENGINE HAV E A O S 37 HAD IT ABOUT A MONTH WHAT U THINK, ANY WAY THANKS MUCH.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:06 AM
TRAX30

SORRY FORGOT........I'M SET UP -3,5-6,-8-9......PITCH CURVE.35,52.5,67.5,77.5,85, AND THROTTLE......O,35,50,65,100. IS THE OK FOR WHAT I WHAT TO DO? AND ONCE AGAIN THKS FOR YOUR HELP.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:24 AM
mrc-hirobo

You need more top end pitch. Set it for 10 degrees. That will help you stop the descent. Like I said you can add throttle at the bottom of your pitch curve by setting up stunt mode 1 (idle up 1) with the numbers mentioned. With your pitch curve, make your throttle curve in stunt mode 1 (idle up 1) to 35% at low position, 28% at 2, 50% at 3, 75% at 4 and 100% at high. This will keep your RPMS up. Feel free to adjust as you need to, up or down. Also practice slowing your descent rate maybe.

Jeff
Old 05-30-2007, 09:31 AM
Mrclueless

I have a question for you. Someone once told me a shuttle Z could be set to fly inverted, obviously mine isnt, any thoughts on this? It doesnt seem that there is enough travel to get -10 and +10 pitch.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:44 AM
mrc-hirobo

Yes you can, you will use -9 and 9 or maybe even as low as -8 and 8. All depends on your motor. You will probably also want to add some bearings to the collective assy if you haven't already. Only the 37 with 550's will pull 10 and 10, 32's can't.

Jeff