Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Hirobo Support Forum
Reload this Page >

Evo 50 question.

Notices
Hirobo Support Forum Greg Gomes of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your Hirobo questions here!

Evo 50 question.

Old 09-18-2007, 05:38 PM
rightflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evo 50 question.

Slowly, but surely I am getting my Evo together. Two quick questions: 1) Since I am beginner, should I buy a cheaper set of blades to start with and save my MAHs? 2) Do I need header tank?
Old 09-18-2007, 07:29 PM
nitrohog

Default RE: Evo 50 question.

I personally would choose to buy a pair (or two) of wood blades to start out with, Mavrikk has some cheap blades that I have found to fly fairly well. For a header tank, no you don't need one to fly it, but for under $20 I would say it is a worth while investment. On a side note heliproz.com carries the mavrikk brand of rotors, and even a header tank, among other things. Hope this helps
Old 09-18-2007, 07:34 PM
rightflyer

Yep, it does. I hope I don't break a set, but it is likely I won't at some point. IS there a mounting point for a header tank?
Old 09-19-2007, 08:41 AM
mrc-hirobo

Usually a header tank mounts on the side of the frame near and in line with the carburetor. There are mounting holes on the side frame. If you use the lower boom strut holes in the frame, the upper ones can be used for your header tank. However if you build the tank properly, you will not need a header tank. Make sure your inside fuel line does not end up in a corner of the tank and the tip of the clunk rests on the bottom of the tank away from any corners and does not lay flat on the bottom. If you cut 10mm off length given of the inside fuel line you should be good.

Try to stay away from wood blades and 50's. Hirobo advises against them when put on a 50. The Maverik Fiberglass blades are affordable enough and a lot stronger than wood.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:47 PM
nitrohog

A header tank is supposed to be mounted with the clunk line level with the carb from my understanding. Also if this is your first heli, you WILL crash it. There is almost no getting around it, that being said, I didn't crash mine until I could hold a steady hover.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:14 PM
rightflyer

Thanks for the input everyone.

I think I did a good good on the clunk line and does NOT seem to stick. (Learned the hard way with planes to check it well.) I will keep your advice in mind on the blades.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:38 PM
sfell

Three hquestions:
1. the tail rotor control rod has started to really buzz loudly. should I be concerned about this?
2. I get paranoid about things breaking in flight and think I'm hearing new high pitched sounds from the tail. Any idea what could be causing this (besides my general paranoia)
3. I think I'm starting to see vibration in the tail rotor. I checked it over, and it seems OK. The only thing I could find is that one of the blade holders seems to wobble a little more at the base than the other. Is this normal?
Thanks,
sfell