Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Hirobo Support Forum
Reload this Page >

Picked up my 1st gas heli, advice? Shuttle SCEADU Evo

Notices
Hirobo Support Forum Greg Gomes of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your Hirobo questions here!

Picked up my 1st gas heli, advice? Shuttle SCEADU Evo

Old 12-09-2007, 06:44 PM
Cagedvr6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picked up my 1st gas heli, advice? Shuttle SCEADU Evo

So i just won this heli on ebay, it comes with EVERYTHING, has never been flown so im sure i will have to set it up. Any advice on setting it up, and proper engine breaking in procedure? Do i have to run a few tanks threw the new motor before flight? Also how do i set up how much pitch per thottle settings. I saw some videos where people posted that the heli in the video didnt have enough headspeed when taking off so i want to avoid that and get it set up from the beginning. Anyway here she is.

From the ebay ad
"Hirobo radio control SCEADU Evolution helicopter with OS max 32 SX-H engine. Assembled but never flown. Included in the auction is the radio/JRXP6102 FM, either aircraft or helicopter, 6 channels with graphic display; 4 ds537 servos;1 nes 810 g servo; rechargeable nicad battery; co-pilot flight stabilization system with gyroscope; training legs; thunder tiger start up set - includes 12v fuel transfer pump and tank, 12v high torque model engine starter, with os max starter rod and recharger. All original boxes and instructions are included. Everything needed to start flying. You will not be disappointed."

What exactly is this? "co-pilot flight stabilization system with gyroscope"

Anyway im excited.

My previous helis were a CX2 and a AXE CP
Old 12-10-2007, 10:08 AM
mrc-hirobo

Default RE: Picked up my 1st gas heli, advice? Shuttle SCEADU Evo

Congrats on your win. You are going to like this heli.

Read the manuals for certain. All of the info you will need is in there.

If this is your first heli, set the pitch curve up for 0, 5.5, 10. with a throttle curve of 0, 25, 50, 75, 100. Make sure at 50% throttle at half stick on the radio, the carb lever marking is lined up with the half stick mark on the barrel or at least halfway in the rotation of the barrel if no marks are on your carb.

The motor usually defaults to rich setting on the main needle of two turns out from close. Start there and lean out as need be.

Definitely go over the heli to make sure it is assmebled correctly and if you have any particular questions, post them here or email me at [email protected]. You can also call me at 732 225 2100 ext 230.

Good luck!
Jeff
Old 12-10-2007, 10:41 AM
Cagedvr6

Wow Jeff thanks for your help, When i get my radio ill set it up with the settings you gave me. Do i need to set up anything else in the radio?

So there are 3 pitch curve settings i need to set and 5 throttle?
And 50% on the remote should = 50% on the carb?

THANKS!!
Old 12-10-2007, 11:04 AM
Cagedvr6

On this website "http://www.*********.org/jr-6102.htm"

Says the radio has 5-point throttle and pitch curves

Also says CCPM swashplate mix-90, 120, 180 .... which would i want?

Whats "Revo mixing"?
Old 12-10-2007, 12:32 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts

REVO or Revolution mixing adds or takes away pitch from the tail rotor in response to changes in collective pitch. That is, if you add collective you would need to add a bit of tail rotor to keep the nose straight.

Its a thing of the past with heading hold gyros, infact it will do nothing but cause you problems.

CCPM mix is a type of mixing with 3 servos directly attached to the swashplate 120 degrees apart around the circle. If there is one servo that moves the collective pitch then you don't have a ccpm heli.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:37 PM
Cagedvr6

ORIGINAL: mrc-hirobo

Congrats on your win. You are going to like this heli.

Read the manuals for certain. All of the info you will need is in there.

If this is your first heli, set the pitch curve up for 0, 5.5, 10. with a throttle curve of 0, 25, 50, 75, 100. Make sure at 50% throttle at half stick on the radio, the carb lever marking is lined up with the half stick mark on the barrel or at least halfway in the rotation of the barrel if no marks are on your carb.

The motor usually defaults to rich setting on the main needle of two turns out from close. Start there and lean out as need be.

Definitely go over the heli to make sure it is assmebled correctly and if you have any particular questions, post them here or email me at [email protected]. You can also call me at 732 225 2100 ext 230.

Good luck!
Jeff
Jeff-
You gave me 3 pitch curve settings but i believe the remote can program in 5?
Old 12-10-2007, 06:11 PM

Your five points could be 0, 2.5, 5.5, 7.5, 10 which I would estimate to give you a slightly higher than mid-stick hover. IMHO, 10 degrees is a lot for the 32 to pull, but you'll want it there in case the engine quits on you.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:28 PM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Did you get a pitch gage? You'll need one. LIke it is said above read the manual, especially the last part about set up. Before you think about putting fuel in it find a local pilot that has experience in helo, preferably a evo and have him go through the set up, there WILL be things that are wrong. Have him trim it and hover it too, and use sticks and balls... An instructor is worth what you paid for the helo plus...
Old 12-13-2007, 12:04 PM
glydrjocky

Very nice Heli!!!! I was eyeballing that one on Ebay also. Glad to see someone won it who wants to put it to good use.

There is so much to learn that at times its overwhelming.................but the rewards far outweigh any confusion along the way.

Take your time with the setup, gas'er up and enjoy the thrill of 3 dimensional flight.

Aerobic excercise has nothing on the heart rate you will achieve in your first moments at the controls of one of these complex nitro machines.

Ahhhh, the sweet smell of nitro heli exhaust being blown your way in a nice hover.......................priceless! Try that with an electric

I'm hooked,

T
Old 01-23-2008, 02:08 AM
SlideZ32
My Feedback: (1)

Nice! How much for the whole package?
Old 01-24-2008, 03:11 AM
redpiperbob

Hi Cagedvr6
You can go here to find out about Co-Pilot

http://www.fmadirect.com/detail.htm?...489&section=20

Bob
Old 02-04-2008, 07:02 AM
hiroboworld

That is one good package you got. Once you fly the Evo50 you will never want to fly any other.
Enjoy