Notices
Hirobo Support Forum Greg Gomes of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your Hirobo questions here!

SWM/HPM

Old 01-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Ots

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SWM/HPM

Just a curiosity, but, why are there HPM Hirobos? Do some people actually prefer them or is it that people buy them not knowing that there is a difference? I put SWM on my 50 Evo when built and just converted my older Freya to SWM as well. They are both amazing to fly and the Freya is a new machine. Unfortunately I can't attribute it's new flying behavior just to the SWM modification as I did a whole 'make over' to it. I just wondered if there is an actual reason. Or, is it a change that Hirobo is making slowly, converting to SWM as new machines come out.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:55 AM
mrc-hirobo

Default RE: SWM/HPM

Actually, dealer and pilot feedback has put the HPM Freya's and Evo 50's at the top over SWM versions. We have always offered SWM Evo 50's but recently were able to get SWM Evo 50's with no blades or mufflers like we have offered the Evo 50 HPM thus making the kit a great value. This helped in the price arena. IMO, the release of better radios on 2.4 and the better processors found in these radios is leading the way for the change of SWM to be more main stream in Hirobo helis. Depending on your radio, in the past, SWM could actually cause some "grief" on heli and not make it easy to setup as interactions would pop up all over the place. With the radios and servos improving, that makes it easier for all to succeed. One would probably not see much of a problem on a smaller heli like a 450, but on a bigger nitro model, the SWM interactions would show up whereas with HPM they would not be there. And, HPM could be set up to mimic SWM with better servo choice, pitch curve adjustments, servo set up, heli setup and improved voltage supply.

Jeff
Old 01-16-2008, 12:53 PM
Ots

Default RE: SWM/HPM

Interesting. Thanks for the answer.