Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Hirobo Support Forum
Reload this Page >

Shuttle+ blade grip bearing fit

Notices
Hirobo Support Forum Greg Gomes of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your Hirobo questions here!

Shuttle+ blade grip bearing fit

Old 01-28-2008, 01:42 AM
glydrjocky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shuttle+ blade grip bearing fit

While I'm learning the ins and outs of flying my wonderful ZX, I've started to build up my Shuttle Plus kit. Purchased tons of fresh bearings for all the links and thrust bearings for the rotor head. Now that I have assembled the blade grips on the spindle and set it on top of the mast, I've noticed a bit of play between the blade grip bearins and the bore inside the blade grip itself. Not sure how much up and down motion this will amount to at the main blade tip but it does seem excessive for something thats starting from zero time.

I have heard that this was an issue from some other Shuttle Plus folks but hadnt seen it for myself. One guy recommended gluing the bearings into the blade grips! Not sure how old this kit is but I'm guessing its early 2000 vintage. Have there been any improvements to the newest Shuttle Plus2 grips or is this play still considered acceptable?

The old style blade grips on my ZX have little if any play in comparison, in fact I have a second set of Shuttle Plus grips that I was going to use so the ZX would have thrust bearings but after seeing the slop I decided to leave well enough alone for now.

Tony

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12166.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	863273  
Old 01-28-2008, 09:36 AM
mrc-hirobo

Default RE: Shuttle+ blade grip bearing fit

Some is normal, but since this is a new kit and sounds excessive send your address to me at

[email protected] and we'll send you another set. Could be just a fluke.

Thanks
jeff
Old 02-12-2008, 08:16 PM
glydrjocky

Just an FYI for anyone finding play between the blade grips and the bearings. The brand new set I received from Jeff at MRC are a SUPER snug fit to the bearings. No play at all and you actually have to press the bearings in place, where as the original set just slid in loosly without any pressure. I am MUCH happier with the new fit of these blade grips!!!

I'll be ordering a second set for my ZX soon.

T
Old 03-02-2008, 06:37 PM
rcflyer1970
My Feedback: (212)

I bought new Blade Grips from HeliProz and ran into the same problem, they are a looser fit than the old original grips, the bearings drop in, I,ve been reluctant to glue them. Usually the Hirobo parts are excellent fit and quality.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91257.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	893570   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy78106.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	893571  
Old 03-13-2008, 10:37 PM
glydrjocky

I ordered up a brand new set of blade grips from MRC and the bearing fit is perfect and snug. In fact the bearings go in with a snug pop! Much better than the earlier batch Shuttle plus blade grips I bought on Ebay some time ago where you could actually see the movement of the outer race in the bore with your naked eye. I fitted my ZX with the new grips, fresh bearings and thrust bearings. MUCH more responsive to the collective and cyclic controls now. Too much drag on the outer bearing with the original ZX holders since I'm turning about 1800+ on my head speed. Did my first loops and rolls this last few weeks and the old Shuttle is pretty well dialed in now.

Everyone who see's the Shuttle fly comments on how smooth it is!