Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Hirobo Support Forum
Reload this Page >

Need a Sceadu Evo 30 settings

Notices
Hirobo Support Forum Greg Gomes of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your Hirobo questions here!

Need a Sceadu Evo 30 settings

Old 05-21-2008, 02:20 AM
Coyote64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a Sceadu Evo 30 settings

Ive just recently purchased second hand a evo 30 which i have binded my DX6I to. Had to assign gyro switch etc and swap a few channels so that all control work as required.

Now i have throttle set up fine. Throttle cut, throttle hold, etc

But what settings should i have my gyro set to between HH and Rate. My gyro is a Futaba GY401 with digital servo.

I am also wondering where abouts i should have my dual rates for this bird ive set them to 50 % but again dont know if this is too much or not enough play in servo travel

Experiance wise i fly a Eflite cx2 all day with no problems, have a Blade 400 3d which is far too twitchy for me hence i got the Hirobo, so my settings im looking for should accomidate a total noob, which i consider myself as

Thanks in advance

Ian
Old 05-21-2008, 10:01 AM
Paul_Barsamian
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Need a Sceadu Evo 30 settings

For gyro settings I would start with 60% in HH and 80 in non. From there, I'd edge the hh gyro settings up until I get a wag, then turn it back a few points and you're done. I always fly in HH mode regardless of type of flying I'm doing.

For dual rates and expo, I'd start with the following (BTW this assumes you measured and attained exactly the same throw on both aileron and elevator sides of the cyclic from a pitch perspective):

low rates = 50% throw each direction, 25% expo (or if you use Futaba -25%)
High rates = 100% throw each direction 35% expo

You'll need to tune to taste from there but those should get you going.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:09 AM
Coyote64

Thanks very much for the reply.

In my D/R expo settings it has 100% and then +50% i take it the +50 means + 50% expo. When i switch my dual rate switch it only lets me change the 50% not the 100% as well, is this right ?
Old 05-22-2008, 11:45 AM
Paul_Barsamian

Well let's make sure we're not using Expo and D/R interchangibly.

D/R (dual rates) is USUALLY a reference to the amount of throw (the distance the servo arm) is allowed to move as a percentage of the total possible movement to each side.

Expo refers to HOW the servo reacts to control inputs from the sticks, adding (in futaba terms) negative expo 'softens the feel of the sticks around the center of their movement. In other words if you move the stick very small amounts around the very center of their "0" position, the control result on the servo will be smaller than would normally be expected. Expo will allow the same total movement end to end but moves a very small amount in the beginning of the control movements, and a lot towards the ends of the control movement. Think of it as making the controls more progressive than linear.

USUALLY, D/R and Expo are set separately, so if your menu says 100 and 50, that probably refers to your low rates being 50 and high rates being 100.

Exponential is probably a different menu, I don't have a DX6 in front of me to be able to say for certain...

Old 05-23-2008, 02:21 AM
Coyote64

I dont think its expo, i think its just the dual rates, when i switch dual rates over i get half the throw on the servos as origianally had but sensativity around zero stick seems exactly the same
Old 05-27-2008, 11:51 AM
Paul_Barsamian

Good so dual rate seems to be working. Now suggest setting expo so that on low rates you have somewhere near 25% and at full rates, you have somewhere near 35 or 40%. the curve should make the sticks less sensitive around center and more progressive as you feed in more control input.

Also recommend checking that you have equivalent throw in both aileron and elevator, check with a pitch gauge to see how much deflection full throw gives on the blades for each control. Adjust enpoints accordingly to reduce/make greater so they match.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:33 AM
Coyote64

Right ill do that tonight and report back

Thanks b0gh0s

Much appreciated indeed
Old 05-28-2008, 08:33 AM
Paul_Barsamian

My pleasure. let us know how the first flights go as well...