Community
Search
Notices
Hirobo Support Forum Greg Gomes of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your Hirobo questions here!

Bell 47

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 04:26 AM
rudiix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bell 47

Hi All,

I have been rebuilding my old Bell 47G. It has the Hirobo 20cc HGE-20EH engine. The fuse wire broke off from the Ignition Amp at the fuse end, the one going to the Bat so I replaced the whole fuse holder and had to shorten the other wire going to the Bat. Both wires are black and one has a white trace line on it. My question...altho I felt certain that I soldered both wires correctly as they were I am now having doubts (I think it's a bit of paranoia as I don't want to frazzle the Amp if wired incorrectly) I noticed that the wire (without the white trace with the fuse actually) goes to the negative terminal of the batt pack. The batt pack is of the kind that comes with nitro rc cars...4 AA cell replacable batts in a plastic holder. I am replacing this with a NMIH rechargable pack. I have soldered the fuse inline with the wire without the white trace and it goes to the negative terminal of the bat.

This is hard to explain but I hope some Hirobo gurus can tell me if this is correct. Can I frazzle the amp if i connect it to the batt the wrong way. The amp also has a positive a negative and an earth going to the engine and another wire with a connector going to the engine. I assume the fuse needs to go in the positive line. If I put a multimeter from the red wire going to the engine thru the amp and to the end of the fuse I get continuity. However this wire goes to the negative terminal of the old batt pack. Sorry for the vagueness of this question.

Also can anyone tell when Hirobo first started making the Bell 47 G2, I bought this in Kit form in the eighties and wonder how old it is.

Thanks all in advance
regards
Rudy