Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Hirobo Support Forum
Reload this Page >

Stepping into nitro helis (Shuttle)

Notices
Hirobo Support Forum Greg Gomes of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your Hirobo questions here!

Stepping into nitro helis (Shuttle)

Old 05-07-2010, 08:22 PM
glydrjocky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stepping into nitro helis (Shuttle)

[:-]12,000+ views on your post Shannon!!!!!

Dang!

Good to hear you have the 109 dialed in. Just bought a hyperion YAK 55 and flew it the same day I got the Sceadu in the air. Electric is fun but takes some getting used to. When I pull the throttle to idle and it gets ultra quiet my brain screams "dead stick" to me me . I'm old school nitro through and through! Hoping to get some flying in tomorrow morning as well. Might even try this evening as the winds really calm down a few hours before sundown.

I'm so stoked about these Hirobo helicopters. I never had to track the blades when I first built the Sceadu and now that I rebuilt her the blades didnt need tracking either. What you see in the video is how she flew from the start. Just measure the linkages per the manual put her together and fly it. That simple. I'm wanting to try that SDX in the worst way, or maybe a Freya for some 90 size action.

The guy who shot the Sceadu video built a turbine heli that is just crazy to hear watch and smell in flight. I'll link ya to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYEkcRSF70c

Happy weekend in Hirobo land

T

Old 05-07-2010, 08:47 PM
mydartswinger

Very nice Bergen!! I'd love to have one, but good gosh the price tag. I guess if I sold every other RC I own and put a couple more grand in it, I might be able to afford one. LOL.

I'm in the same boat with the electrics. I learned on (and prefer to fly) glow (hopefully gas before too long), so it's a bit unnerving for me when that prop stops when I bring the throttle back to idle (fixed wing). I guess it would be a similar feeling the first time a powered pilot would get the first time he cuts loose from the tow plane in a glider.

Why go for the Freya, when you can get the Turbulence D3? Something a bit newer that should be supported a bit longer (though Hirobo does do pretty well with supporting "legacy" products).

The wind's been playing with us the last couple of weeks. It'll be nice during the week, but as soon as I get the time to fly on the weekends, it picks up into the high teens. Not too bad for a .50 heli, but a bit too high for fixed wing. I may just head out to the field tomorrow with the .50 in tow, leaving the planes at the house (though I do need to maiden my new World Models Spitfire GS with an 80" wingspan, powered by an OS 1.60FX.).

Anyway, happy skies,
Shannon
Old 06-04-2010, 08:53 PM
Chris Bergen

The price tag is high on the Turbine, certainly, but our other models, the Intrepid Gasser for instance isn't too bad, And we DO offer MILITARY discounts.

I spent a few years at Ft. Bragg myself, out on Simmons AAF. Lived in Spring Lake for most of the time...

Thank you for your Service. If you see me at a funfly, introduce yourself. It's great to meet young GI's!!

Old 06-05-2010, 08:20 AM
mydartswinger

Chris,
Simmon's? What unit? I work out at Simmon's in 3-82nd GSAB (the battalion with the CH-47s and the Dustoff).

My appologies if my post came off as derogatory towards your company. I would LOVE to have one of your Intrepid turbines, I was just saying they're a bit out of my budget.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Chris Bergen

Not at all Shannon!! It is understood the Turbine represents quite an investment.

I am also a Hooker, when it was A Co 2/159th. I ETS'd from there in Sep '91. I still wear my Red Beret on occasion, lastly at a funeral of an old Paratrooper who was a member of our VFW. It seemed the honorable thing to do, to have at least one Red Beret in attendance on his sendoff...

Give me a call sometime, it would be good to hear how the airfield has changed...
Old 05-25-2012, 09:26 PM
glydrjocky

Hey Shannon,

Hard to believe it was almost 2 years ago since the last posts on this thread. Hirobo flying was a blast! Havent had much time to mess with Heli's lately.

Seems that during this time away the stork left a little bundle of joy on our door step.

Little Alexis is almost a year old and enjoys hanging with daddy at the flying field.

Hope all is well in Hirobo land everyone.

T
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42223.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	1765899  
Old 05-15-2013, 12:37 AM
glydrjocky

26,000 hits and climbing. I'm not sure if Shannon is even in the hobby anymore. Last I heard he'd moved on to other things. Very popular thread it seems.