Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Hirobo Support Forum
Reload this Page >

SPektrum DX6i help programing needed 4 a LEPTON

Community
Search
Notices
Hirobo Support Forum Greg Gomes of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your Hirobo questions here!

SPektrum DX6i help programing needed 4 a LEPTON

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 07:47 PM
Dave ESPI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SPektrum DX6i help programing needed 4 a LEPTON

I need some help programing a Spektrum dx6i for a Lepton.... I tried a few times, but Im doing something wrong with the set up.

If a kind soul would be good enough to give me all the rates and settings in a list form or excell spread sheet, or just simply in text here from the menus, I would GREATLY appreciate it !

I have a Futaba 401 gyro on it also.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:00 AM
Coyote64

Default RE: SPektrum DX6i help programing needed 4 a LEPTON

I cant find any raw data on the settings but even without its fairly easy to get the basic settings all programmed in, then each setting should then be dialled in to suit your setup.

For example you cant just get a setting for your subtrim for your servos as your centres are different from everyone elses and must be trimmed to suit.

First im assuming that the chopper is set up so all the servos move in the correct manner ie up and down as they should and that the swash is set to 120 degree not 90.

If the servos arnt moving as they should then servo reversing in the dx6i is required first

All this can be checked with the motor cables detached so the rotors dont spin up.

Once you have all the servos moving in the correct direction the next step is to see if the servos sit centered. Switch dx6i on then chopper once they bind the servos will sit ( at low stick) where they believe centre to be. If none are at 90 degrees to servo housing then use sub trim to correct them so they are. You may find at that point that your swash may need levelling again.

Now with motor disconnected move throttle stick upwards, as you do all three servos should rise together, if one or two dont either a servo needs reversing or there is a problem with your swash mix setup.

Lets say that all your servos are moving how they should and your swash is level then you should look at swash mix, this is where you can change the percentages of aile and elev and pitch to achieve 10+ 0 and 10- pitch for your full pitch travel again everyone is different so its really hard to explain how.

One piece of advice i would give you is go onto youtube and find the user called sokal. he has many easy to watch setup videos showing how to adjust all settings, yes they are on the blade 400 but transfere exactly across to your heli too, its very good advice he has and explains everything really well

Heres a link to his channel where everything can be found :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGtwrt8FzO0
Old 05-04-2009, 11:04 AM
Dave ESPI

Default RE: SPektrum DX6i help programing needed 4 a LEPTON

Thanks Coyote.

I have a 400 also, and I tried a direct swap over, but I think there is somethig different abotu how the servos work with the lepton as the swash mix is not the same, and its driving me batty!

I have a buddy helping me also, and he is not sure either. It shouldn't be so difficult to figure out, but I think part of the problem was I was setting the alignment at throttle down servo positions (neg pitch) rather than at "middle stick" on the controller with the swash at the middle of its travel distances.

It would be so much easier to set up Helis if Spektrum would just post "standerd" set up guides and trim settings on their website that we could just adjust from as a starting point.