Notices
Hirobo Support Forum Greg Gomes of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your Hirobo questions here!

New quark!

Old 04-10-2009, 01:04 PM
cgage2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New quark!

It doesn't fly as well as most say but that's probably me since its the first time that I've flown a non-co-ax.I can hover for a minute, then it takes off on its on. I balanced the blades. Tracking was good out of the box.

I put strapping tape on the bottom and wrapped it around so the top half is covered. Maybe they should be completely covered. I guess my question is whether it needs some adjustment or is it just getting used to the marble on a serving tray.
Other things I noticed:
One variable I've noticed is that you have to be real careful how tight the blades are and if they are equally tight.
At first it was turning left and I had to put some trim on it. After I balanced the blades that was better.
I've got a cx2 that practically hovers by itself. I thought the Quark might behave the same after hearing so many good things about it.
Any comments?
Thanks
Old 04-13-2009, 09:15 AM
fiddlesticks1

Default RE: New quark!

Try putting a fresh set of blades with no tape. Don't even balance them (just make sure they are tracking).
Old 04-13-2009, 12:34 PM
cgage2

Default RE: New quark!

Thanks. I'll try that. Also, I'm going to let the antenna hang down. I had wrapped it around the batt cage which is not a good idea, I'm told. That may be the problem in that it was flying all right ,then took off into a wall for no apparent reason.
I can make it hover. It will go out of control after 30 sec or so. That may be my inexperiance with non coax helis. Another problem is that I only have about 15 x15 or less with some furniture. If I had an open space maybe i could have more success -No furniture/walls = no crashes. Too windy outside now. I was surprised since I heard it flew flawlessly which it hasnt so far. It is a lot better than a HBFP which never flew at all. Once I get some new blades I'll let you
know how its doing. My next strategy is to buy a lot of blades and foam glue.
Thanks