Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Hirobo Support Forum
Reload this Page >

Pitch gauge for the Quark?

Notices
Hirobo Support Forum Greg Gomes of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your Hirobo questions here!

Pitch gauge for the Quark?

Old 07-03-2009, 07:28 PM
DMala

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pitch gauge for the Quark?

Hello everyone, I am quite new to the hobby and this is my first post.

I have been learning on a SIM (ClearView) and a cheap 3-ch coax heli (Syma S-001). I am interested almost exclusively in indoor flight (living room). Having read great things about the Hirobo Quark, I am about to order one (although I will probably practice a bit more on the coax before trying it).

My question is: should I also buy a pitch gauge, to check periodically the blades and make sure they have not lost the pitch settings? Any model that would work better than others?

Thanks

DMala
Old 07-07-2009, 08:53 AM
Balr14

Default RE: Pitch gauge for the Quark?

There's a paper pitch gauge you can download and print out. http://www.grnbrg.org/pitch_gauge/

Using a regular pitch gauge on a Quark can be difficult since they usually weigh more than than the entire heli and could break the blades.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:16 AM
fiddlesticks1

Default RE: Pitch gauge for the Quark?

A Pitch Gauge for the quark is unnecessary. You can tell if the pitch is match just by checking to see if the blade tracking is good. In your manual check page 27 and that will explain all about blade pitch. Make sure that blade pitch looks the same by eye. Then, go to page 23 and track your blades. Now you will be all set to fly!