Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec Spectra 2.4 module blue blinking LED

Old 11-18-2010, 10:10 PM
rcflyer313

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Spectra 2.4 module blue blinking LED

Hi, I am using a Spectra 2.4 module in my Futaba 9C transmitter with Optima 9 channel receiver in my 50cc Extra300. Using the normal mode on the transmitter and receiver for power, I'm using two 1400MAh LiFe 6.6 volt batteries with 2 HD switches and battery share system. Checking the voltage at the receiver getting 6.3 volts, I'm using 6 digital servos five HS-7955TG for the control surfaces and a smaller one for the throttle. My problem is when I turn on my transmitter and receiver the red LED comes on solid and the blue blinks on and off and gives a low beep every now and then. I called Hitec and they told me it was the low battery warning and my batteries were not up to the task. But my instructions call out that the RED LED should be blinking with 3 loud beeps which I do not have. I had my friend bind his Aurora 9 to my receiver and we have the same results with the LED's on his module doing the exact thing. His telemetry shows the same 6.3 volts. So I took another step and installed a 4.8 volt ni-cad into the SPC port, no more blinking BLUE LED. Can anyone tell me if this is normal and since this is my first 50cc I want to fly it more than once. Do I need larger batteries or does my module and receiver need updated as far as firm ware? If I have to keep the battery in the SPC port how large of a pack is needed?

I'm afraid to use the radio and am looking for clarification as to what is right and wrong.

Thanks

Doug
Old 11-18-2010, 10:32 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hitec Spectra 2.4 module blue blinking LED

ORIGINAL: rcflyer313 Hi, I am using a Spectra 2.4 module in my Futaba 9C transmitter with Optima 9 channel receiver in my 50cc Extra300. Using the normal mode on the transmitter and receiver for power, I'm using two 1400MAh LiFe 6.6 volt batteries with 2 HD switches and battery share system. Checking the voltage at the receiver getting 6.3 volts, I'm using 6 digital servos five HS-7955TG for the control surfaces and a smaller one for the throttle. My problem is when I turn on my transmitter and receiver the red LED comes on solid and the blue blinks on and off and gives a low beep every now and then. I called Hitec and they told me it was the low battery warning and my batteries were not up to the task. But my instructions call out that the RED LED should be blinking with 3 loud beeps which I do not have. I had my friend bind his Aurora 9 to my receiver and we have the same results with the LED's on his module doing the exact thing. His telemetry shows the same 6.3 volts. So I took another step and installed a 4.8 volt ni-cad into the SPC port, no more blinking BLUE LED. Can anyone tell me if this is normal and since this is my first 50cc I want to fly it more than once. Do I need larger batteries or does my module and receiver need updated as far as firm ware? If I have to keep the battery in the SPC port how large of a pack is needed?
I'm afraid to use the radio and am looking for clarification as to what is right and wrong. Thanks Doug

What voltagelevel is theSpectra Module set at?
Low Battery Warnings - Minimum Settings Recommended for both the Aurora TX & Spectra 2.4GHz module - which are set separately.

if at the recommended 4.5V, this indicates that:
. RX battery cannot handle the current requirements of yourtotal servos, many load testers cannot test NiMH or A123 and none known can accurately test a LiFe.
LiFe & NiMH battery Test GraphLife - NiMH Battery Check - test graph[/url]
Optima Transceiver (RX) - Battery set up for Nitro/Gas models #1 caution re NiMH.
Optima Transceiver (RX) - Battery set up for Nitro/Gas models #2 caution re NiMH.
. Faulty leads or connections.

AFHSS - Warning Beeps Aurora & Spectra Pro. - meanings
LED Status Card - What the colours/combinations are indicating.

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups, Tips.

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Old 11-18-2010, 11:25 PM
rcflyer313

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A.T. Thanks for the reply, my instreuctons say when the receiver is powered up it will automatically detect battery voltage levels 4.5v for 4 cell and 5.5 for 5 cell, so what it is set for I don't know. Again my instructions call out that the RED LED will be blinking fast with three continous beeping alarm. My BLUE LED blinks and my RED stays solid with no continous beeping alarm, so are my instructioms wrong?

Doug
Old 11-19-2010, 02:25 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rcflyer313 A.T. Thanks for the reply, my instructons say when the receiver is powered up it will automatically detect battery voltage levels 4.5v for 4 cell and 5.5 for 5 cell, so what it is set for I don't know. Again my instructions call out that the RED LED will be blinking fast with three continous beeping alarm. My BLUE LED blinks and my RED stays solid with no continous beeping alarm, so are my instructioms wrong? Doug
"So I took another step and installed a 4.8 volt ni-cad into the SPC port, no more blinking BLUE LED." in your first post is indicative of a battery problem. However, IDLink may not be heldcorrectly if the system has been turned off and on again to soon (before memory is flashed over fully whichonly occurs at end each session after TX is turned off.) orwhen programming or button held to long during range test procedure..appears to be part way into scan mode.
which in turn would effectall other Telemetry..
Please trylinking inNormal Modeagain, then cycle OFF/On and checkreactions against attached chart..
AFHSS - ID-Setup (also known as Binding or Linking) & Range Testing Spectra Pro Module <> Optima Receiver.
Tks
Alan T.