Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec Optic 6 / aileron setup / shutdown

Old 12-10-2010, 06:59 PM
WildeOne
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hitec Optic 6 / aileron setup / shutdown

I normally use CH 5 to actuate an emergency shutdown servo to stop a gas engine. A plane I'm close to completing (CM Pro Marathon 24), uses individual servos for L/R right wings and I would like to implement Aileron Differential (ADIF), which has the right aileron assigned to CH 1 and the left aileron assigned to CH 5. I also plan to use EXPO on ailerons and elevator.

Is it possible to assign CH 6 to SW 2, normally the gear switch? The manual seems to suggest that in this configuration, CH 6 would only connect to the left side flipper, which is not really desirable for a shutdown function.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:48 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hitec Optic 6 / aileron setup / shutdown

ORIGINAL: WildeOne I normally use CH 5 to actuate an emergency shutdown servo to stop a gas engine. A plane I'm close to completing (CM Pro Marathon 24), uses individual servos for L/R right wings and I would like to implement Aileron Differential (ADIF), which has the right aileron assigned to CH 1 and the left aileron assigned to CH 5. I also plan to use EXPO on ailerons and elevator. Is it possible to assign CH 6 to SW 2, normally the gear switch? The manual seems to suggest that in this configuration, CH 6 would only connect to the left side flipper, which is not really desirable for a shutdown function.
To keep ch5 as you desire, use the "Flapperon" setting. Ch 1 &Ch6 for Aileron/Flaps which also provides for some differential. If flap function is not required, set flaps to zero travel.
Optic 6 manual page 30.
"
The Flaperon mixing function uses two servos to individually control two ailerons, combining the aileron function with the flap function. Both ailerons can be raised and lowered simultaneously for a flap effect. Of course, aileron function, where the two controls move in different directions, is also performed. The down travel of the left and right ailerons can be adjusted, so you can also get a differential effect. "

Differential is also veryeasy toset up mechanically:
<dt>Differential - Mechanical set-up - Correct Dutch roll and Drag.

Optic 6 Manual, Tutorial & Addendum

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
</dt>