Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Throttle lock switch odd behavior

Old 12-31-2010, 06:17 PM
CurtD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle lock switch odd behavior

I programmed switch D to activate the throttle lock feature on my Aurora 9 V1.07(2). It works properly except when I first turn the transmitter on and go into transmit mode, the throttle lock is not on even though the programmed switch is in the correct position. Also, the "Plane" icon on the screen will allow throttle lock to be engaged by pressing for two seconds which it normally does NOT do when a switch is programmed for throttle lock. After I cycle the programmed throttle lock switch one time everything works properly. This behavior seems odd to me. As a safety feature for some rather large electrics, I wanted an automatic (engaged at power on and transmit) throttle lock that I didn't have to remember to set. For some reason the processor appears to ignore the position of the programmed throttle lock switch until it's actuated at least once. As far as I can tell, it doesn't do this on any other control. Why does it work this way and is it possible to change this behavior?
Old 12-31-2010, 07:15 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Throttle lock switch odd behavior

ORIGINAL: CurtD I programmed switch D to activate the throttle lock feature on my Aurora 9 V1.07(2). It works properly except when I first turn the transmitter on and go into transmit mode, the throttle lock is not on even though the programmed switch is in the correct position. Also, the "Plane" icon on the screen will allow throttle lock to be engaged by pressing for two seconds which it normally does NOT do when a switch is programmed for throttle lock. After I cycle the programmed throttle lock switch one time everything works properly. This behavior seems odd to me. As a safety feature for some rather large electrics, I wanted an automatic (engaged at power on and transmit) throttle lock that I didn't have to remember to set. For some reason the processor appears to ignore the position of the programmed throttle lock switch until it's actuated at least once. As far as I can tell, it doesn't do this on any other control. Why does it work this way and is it possible to change this behavior?
Aurora A9 - Throttle Lock (Hold) & Transmit Yes-No Features & Use. - How to use Icon and/or Switch method (operates when in transmit mode only)
extract -
"08 Sep10 added:
Switched Throttle Lock "works the same way as pressing and holding the plane icon from the home screen to lock the throttle once the radio is on. The flight condition warning at start up is what warns you to make sure the throttle stick is in the off/idle position before the radio will enable RF". "

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links