Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Aileron duel rate switch

Old 01-08-2011, 11:47 AM
ratshooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aileron duel rate switch

Went flying today with my new Hi-Tec radio and found out for some reason the aileron duel rate switch will not work work on high rates. The low rates work fine and the high rates were working just a few days ago. Any ideas as to why they won't function on high rates? I have done nothing different. I am supposing the problem is in the transmitter. I have checked all the switches in the battery compartment. This is a brand new radio only a couple of months old and I hope the heck I do not have to send it back someplace for repairs. Thanks for your help.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:33 PM
ratshooter

Default RE: Aileron duel rate switch

I took off the back of the tranmitter to see if it just had a loose wire on the switch but no such luck. I suspect the switch itself is bad.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:01 PM
1320Fastback

Which radio is it specifically?

Possible that the Low/High are set to the same value.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:26 PM
ratshooter

Fastback the ailerons do not work at all on high rates. I have been switching between high and low until today. I have the elevator on dual rates and use the high rate on landing and for aerobatics. Thats how I found out the high rate wasn't working on the ailerons. I was going to do some rolls and when I flipped the switch to high rates I had no aileron control at all. Went back to low rates and landed. Checked out the plane and decided to call it a day. But thanks for the tip.

The radio is a Laser 6 on 72mhz.

I did go and try the ATV and see if that did anything. It didn't. I can turn the low rates to full deflection but the high rate is still dead. The trim button will work on high rates. I tried pushing in and pulling out on the high rate switch to see if the ailerons would jump but nothing happened. High rate is just gone.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:33 AM
ratshooter

Does anyone know if the dual rate switch is all that controls the ailerons or are they switched in the circut board? In other words am I risking losing my ailerons completely if I fly my plane? If the switch does all the work probably not I would think.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:00 PM
ratshooter

Well, I guess the Hitec guys don't want to comment on this one. Anyway the radio has been sent back to hitec. Maybe they can adjust the loose trim buttons on the rudder and elevator while they have it.