Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Questions about Optima 6 & 7 receivers

Old 01-28-2011, 04:34 PM
jwrich
My Feedback: (17)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Questions about Optima 6 & 7 receivers

I have some questions about my Optic 6 with the 2.4 system. Let me give you a little background, I fly 1/4 scale airplanes (WW I) and fly at many events around the country. The 2.4 system is the way to go on a crowded flightline. A couple years ago I bought a Futaba 6EX-2.4 GHz with 2 receivers and a little later I bought the Hitex Optic 6 2.4 with 2 receivers, both radios work as advertised. Now I want the buy additional receivers for one of the two radios. Tower Hobbies sells both systems but the Futaba receiver cost more the the Hitex. The Hitex radio came with 2 Optima 7 receivers from Hobby People at a very good price. My question is about the Optima 6 receiver. I only use 6 channels in the airplanes I fly and I don't need a 7 channel receiver. Does the Optima 6 have the same range as the Optima 7? What is the advantage of the 7 over the 6 for my type of flying? I have read about some of the problem others have written into this thread with the Optic 6. So far I am very happy with my Hitex.

Thanks for your help
Rich
Old 01-28-2011, 06:29 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Questions about Optima 6 & 7 receivers

ORIGINAL: jwrich I have some questions about my Optic 6 with the 2.4 system. Let me give you a little background, I fly 1/4 scale airplanes (WW I) and fly at many events around the country. The 2.4 system is the way to go on a crowded flightline. A couple years ago I bought a Futaba 6EX-2.4 GHz with 2 receivers and a little later I bought the Hitex Optic 6 2.4 with 2 receivers, both radios work as advertised. Now I want the buy additional receivers for one of the two radios. Tower Hobbies sells both systems but the Futaba receiver cost more the the Hitex. The Hitex radio came with 2 Optima 7 receivers from Hobby People at a very good price. My question is about the Optima 6 receiver. I only use 6 channels in the airplanes I fly and I don't need a 7 channel receiver. Does the Optima 6 have the same range as the Optima 7? What is the advantage of the 7 over the 6 for my type of flying? I have read about some of the problem others have written into this thread with the Optic 6. So far I am very happy with my Hitex.Thanks for your help Rich
The only significant difference between the Optima 6 & 7 channel transceivers is that the 7 has one more channel plus a "data" port for connection to either the HTS-SS or HTS-SS(Blue) telemetry stations and telemetry add on accessories. (Transceiver version upgrades for the 7 & 9 chrelate only to the sensor station and add on facilites)
Optima 6 (and Optima 6 Lite)has the same battery telemetry features, Range etc as the 7 & 9whilst being slightly smaller and lighter. see attached comparison - jpg.

Aurora A9, Spectra 2.4GHz Module & Optima Transceivers
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91253.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	1554840  
Old 01-28-2011, 07:17 PM
jwrich
My Feedback: (17)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Questions about Optima 6 & 7 receivers

Thanks Alan, looks like the 6 channel receiver will fit my needs, great information.

Fly safe,
Rich