Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Eclipse 7 back cover

Old 01-30-2011, 08:23 AM
BillyGoat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eclipse 7 back cover

Can I purchase a replacement back cover? If so how?

I take real good care of this radio but apparently I abuse the handle because the attachment points on the back cover have broke. I've repaired before but now it's broke again and too far beyond repair this time.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:45 AM
mainbeam225
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Eclipse 7 back cover

I have replaced mine 3 times (Eclipse 7) and need to do it again. I also take good care of it. I store it in an aluminum case which is padded with foam on all four sides and it still breaks.
As I see it, you have two choices: 1. send it back to Hitec for a tune up and service and they may replace it at no cost. and 2. Have a credit card ready and call them and they will ship one to you.
I think that has to be a design flaw !!

Regards,

Ron H
Old 01-30-2011, 02:01 PM
JIMF14D

Ihave had the same problem on one of my Eclipse 7 transmitters after about 10 years. Email Hitec and send it in. They had quoted me $15 to put on a new cover including the parts. Send the handle with if that is where it came apart.

Cannot beat it for that price.

Jim D
Old 01-30-2011, 02:14 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For what its worth. Remove and rotate the handle 180 degrees with Prism 7 and the Eclipse 7 and the problem will never happen agine.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:08 PM
JIMF14D

email : www.hitecrcd.com and tell them what you need. Terrific people there.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:29 PM
BillyGoat

Thanks for all the input. I call tomorrow, Monday, and see about having one shipped to me.

Good tip about rotating the handle 180. I tend to think that trying to take such good care of the Tx is the reason for my handle issues, as closing it in a case with foam that is a bit too tight being just a bit too much pressure.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:16 AM
BillyGoat

Just an update for anyone that comes across this thread with the same issue. Hitec will not ship a new back cover. The entire radio must be sent in for the service to have a tech make the swap, due to soldering that needs to be done. [&o]
Old 02-03-2011, 09:53 AM
JIMF14D

They charge $15 to do it including the cover. So unless you cannot give up the radio it should not be much of a problem.

And we know all serious RCers always have a spare Tx right?

Jim D

Old 02-04-2011, 06:11 AM
BillyGoat

Normally I wouldn't have a problem sending it in. (In fact its been less than a year from its last tune up) I'm selling this radio with all my 72 mHz receivers. Was hoping that a new cover would get me in time for an up coming swap meet. Now that I have to send it in, the radio won't make it into the meet. I refuse to sell to it anybody in this condition.