Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Direct Update to 1.8?

Old 01-31-2011, 06:27 AM
kargi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Direct Update to 1.8?

I have the aurora 9 for about a week. It is excellent, like it very much.

Quick question:

Can I upgrade from 1.6 to 1.8 when it is out or it is better to have 1.7 in between?
Old 01-31-2011, 04:30 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Direct Update to 1.8?

ORIGINAL: kargi I have the aurora 9 for about a week. It is excellent, like it very much.
Quick question: Can I upgrade from 1.6 to 1.8 when it is out or it is better to have 1.7 in between?
V1.08 has been delayed for a short time longer due to final tweaks andgivenit is Korean New Year
Annual Public holidays : Tuesday 1st to Thursday 4th February 2011.
Most Korea businesses have advised that they are also closing for Friday 5th, resuming
7th Feb 2011, as many staff travel long distances to home towns.

Suggest upgrade Aurora to current firmware V1.07(2) and the Spectra Module separately to V2.0 to get the best setting/performance now.
Optima transceivers do not need to be upgraded, as below,unless you are going to use one of the HTS-SS sensor stations immediately.

Hitec 2.4 GHz System Firmware Update Manual .pdf
Aurora A9 - Firmware Update V1.07(1), Spectra V2.0 & HPP-22 V1.04 - 01Oct10. (inc PDF update enhancements, inc set failsafe via HPP-22 & how uninstall V1.03 before new install.)
Aurora A9 - Firmware Update V1.07(2) 30Nov10 fixed a couple bugs including incorrect speed and altitude readings in the imperial setting.
Aurora A9 - Firmware Update V1.08 due late Jan11 - preview with many screen shots of the new displays.
Optima 7 & 9 - Firmware update V1.02 - 23Jun10, Update is for HTS-SS receptor system only, otherwise not required as it does not impact other functions & resolution if update issue.

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora A9, Spectra Modules & Optima Transceivers - FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
(quick search = Ctrl+F)

Old 02-01-2011, 07:47 AM
kargi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Direct Update to 1.8?

Ok, I'll update to 1.07 tonight and wait for 1.08, thanks Alan.