Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Linking Optima 2.4 Question

Old 02-14-2011, 05:19 AM
Sourkraut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Linking Optima 2.4 Question

Just a quick question... I am switching over my Hitec Optic 6 radios to the 2.4 module and Optima RXs'.

Question is, when linking/binding operation is complete, does the plug in the SPC port need to be removed? I read all through the instructions and can't find any info on that plug! Nothing on the Hitec website or Youtube either.

I am running some Spectrum 2.4 RXs' and DX6i in some lekkies and the bind plug needs to be removed on that setup after binding is complete, so was just wondering if the same applies to the Hitec gear.

Thanks for the help
Old 02-14-2011, 05:53 AM
JIMF14D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Linking Optima 2.4 Question

No, the spc plug has nothing to do with binding. It is only removed if you want to run your Rx off a seperate battery up to 30+volts. The Spc port will then only power your Rx and servo power would come from a Bec or other power source. If you use they typical battery connection from a switch and say a 4.8 volt battery the SPC jumper must be connected.

The SPC port is very handy for electric models where you want to make sure the RX always gets good voltage. You can connect your say 11 volt lipo to the SPC port and then the normal power from a the ESC Bec will power the servos. This way the RX will always get a high voltage even if your servos momentarly overload the Bec voltage or your voltage is getting low. This reduces the possibllity of brown out.

If you have the Aurora 9 system and use the SPC port to your LIPO you will see your primary power voltage as you fly so for an EP model you can set the alarm so you know when your motor willl be getting weak say at 10 volts or so and not run your LIPO too low.

If you remove the SPC connector and do not put a battery connection there then you will not get any power to the RX.

Have fun!
Old 02-14-2011, 09:46 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Linking Optima 2.4 Question

ORIGINAL: Sourkraut Just a quick question... I am switching over my Hitec Optic 6 radios to the 2.4 module and Optima RXs'. Question is, when linking/binding operation is complete, does the plug in the SPC port need to be removed? I read all through the instructions and can't find any info on that plug! Nothing on the Hitec website or Youtube either. I am running some Spectrum 2.4 RXs' and DX6i in some lekkies and the bind plug needs to be removed on that setup after binding is complete, so was just wondering if the same applies to the Hitec gear. Thanks for the help
Hitec AFHSSsystem does not use "Bind Plugs", following may assist:.

AFHSS - ID-Setup (also known as Binding or Linking) & Range Testing Spectra 2.4Ghz Module <> Optima Receiver.

Optima Transceiver (RX) - SPC - SPC connection & Lead Detailed plus Optima Current Draw/Amps

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora A9, Spectra Modules & Optima Transceivers - FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links