Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Latency in Elevator Halves

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 09:12 AM
SharpProp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Latency in Elevator Halves

Hello. I was setting up the linkages on my elevator the other night and I noticed that I have a very slight latency on my elevator halves. Ive done some research on this it appears that this is common when mixing dual elevator servos together because the servos will not be perfectly in sync. I'm using the aurora 9, and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if they also have this problem. If so, do you notice it in flight? This is my first 30cc gasser so i'm going to be pretty particular in my setup on this plane.
My solution will probably be to reprogram the servos and put them on a Y cable. Not sure if I'm just being a little too anal or not.

So I guess the question is: Do you mix your elevator servos? Or are you picky and put them on a "Y"?
Old 02-16-2011, 08:22 AM
bgw45
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Latency in Elevator Halves

Would you share the details of the set-up you are using?
Old 02-23-2011, 02:11 AM
Pippin

Just for peace of mind, I would synchronise both servos via servo/channel delay.

At high flying speeds, you may feel the difference.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:11 AM
roboto65
My Feedback: (30)

I have the 9 also and wish I had had it sooner from what I understand. Lets say you plug the one elevator half on channel 2 which is the first elevator channel and then you use channel say 5 for the other half well the way the RX goes down the chain is 1234567 and so on so the further you get away from or say 2 to 5 it takes that split second and causes the latency.

Now with the Aurora 9 every channel is programmable so you could get the 2 close and see what happens I have seen the programming but LOL don,t ask me how to do it but I think the 9 can do it..

When I had my big bird I used Hitec digitals and changed the speed of you so they matched up...
Old 02-23-2011, 07:08 PM
SharpProp

Sorry guys, I ended up posting this in a different section and got some answers and I forgot to check this one. Basically the latency is VERY minor. From what I gathered it is common when mixing two channels and this is why guys use Matchboxes. In reality I probably would not have noticed it, but I wanted to be picky. So to solve my problem, I used a servo programmer and reversed one servo along with some other slight program modifications, and put them both on a "Y". They now match perfectly.

-Roboto, Yes you can tell the aurora 9 which channels do what. It is very programmable like that, and I have nothing but awesome things to say about this radio. Oh and I did have the elevator channels next to each other.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:13 PM
bgw45
My Feedback: (1)

Mike, would you please clear something up. Are there "pairs" of channels that would be better to install say Ail & Ail2 or Elev & Elev2 in order to sync surfaces more closely?
Old 02-23-2011, 09:27 PM
SharpProp

I don't mean to speak for Mike, But the programming allows for an Elevator 1, and Elevator2 label that you can assign for whatever channel you choose. Same with aileron, and I believe Throttle. This allows you to not have to use a P-mix and it helps make it easy to program. I have tried to see if there is a difference with the slight lag by changing elevator 2 to an AUX channel and assigning a mix between Elevator 1 and AUX. There was no difference. They behaved the same.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:31 PM
SharpProp

Also I'm using the 5625's and they are ok, but I would bet some higher end servos would clear some of the problem up.