Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Brand New Aurora 9 - Deffective rudder stick and LCD

Old 02-16-2011, 12:27 AM
ramazon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brand New Aurora 9 - Deffective rudder stick and LCD

I just bought an Aurora 9 and it is showing the following issues:

1) Any slightly movement on the rudder to the right moves my helicopter rudder servo to the end point at right. The movement to the left is OK, very smooth and the end point is reached just with rudder stick at the end of the left side.
I configured an airplane too just using the transmitter wizard, so no gyro. The configuration done just had the basics, no D/R, Expo or EPA and the behavior was the same with the airplane rudder. I used the Aurora's monitor screen to check channels. Ailerons, throtle, elevators, all sticks work fine on the monitor. When you move any stick, the gauge size and direction exactly represents the move. Even the rudder stick works fine to the left following smoothly the stick movement from the neutral point till the end. However, when I move it to the right, any slightly move makes the rudder gauge bar reaches the right end point. The rudder servo of the plane follows the same pattern when tested. I have tried to create other planes' configurations from the scratch and the results were always the same. Changed the rudder channel from 4 to 6 and the new channel has the same behavior when testing on the monitor screen.

2) The LCD has a vertical line that appears at the right side in all screens always at the same position. In the main screen, the line crosses from top to bottom the middle of the power gauge and the radio timers' frames. This line appears after some time the transmitter is turned on.

The first issue makes the transmitter useless for me. I didn't use it a single time in the field because this problem. Are there any way to solveit without have to send the unit backto Hitecclaiming the warranty?

Old 02-16-2011, 04:19 AM
JIMF14D

Default RE: Brand New Aurora 9 - Deffective rudder stick and LCD

Send it back ASAP. They are good on service. You paid $300-$400 for this thing, why take less than perfect? By the way, where did you purchase it from? You might just return it there and get an new unit.

This is the first report of any display problems for A9 here.

Call Hitec or see the web site www.hitecrcd.com and support.

Good lick.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:21 PM
ramazon

I bought it on eBay from the mnhobbies. The cost to send the item back to the seller is the same to send to Hitec and I would like to avoid it due the high shipping charges to send the TX from Brazil to US (around 55 USD), but it seems that I don't have another options. As any purchase made on eBay, I did not receive a receipt for it. I asked the receipt to the seller and he sent it by email. Do you know if Hitec would accept this receipt or only the original one? In the Hitec site is informed that I have to send the whole package to them. I have the receiver that came with the TX already installed on a heli and it should be interesting send only the TX even without its battery to lower the shipping charges. Would Hitec accept it too?
Old 02-16-2011, 12:35 PM
JIMF14D

I have foiund Hitec to be very reasonable on support work. You can email them at the contact email you will find at this site:

www.hitecrcd.com Also they may tell you there is a closer location for repair than California USA.

They will get back to you in a day or two.

Sounds like you may have gotten stuck with a damaged unit from the Ebay guy.

Good luck
Old 02-16-2011, 12:41 PM
nh4clo4
My Feedback: (33)

I got my Aurora from MN hobbies also, at the time he was the only place to get one. Hitec accepted his receipt for the free receiver promotion, It would be best to send to Hitec.

Hitec has a forum on RCU, you can contact them there also.
ED
Old 02-16-2011, 05:11 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ramazon I bought it on eBay from the mnhobbies. The cost to send the item back to the seller is the same to send to Hitec and I would like to avoid it due the high shipping charges to send the TX from Brazil to US (around 55 USD), but it seems that I don't have another options. As any purchase made on eBay, I did not receive a receipt for it. I asked the receipt to the seller and he sent it by email. Do you know if Hitec would accept this receipt or only the original one? In the Hitec site is informed that I have to send the whole package to them. I have the receiver that came with the TX already installed on a heli and it should be interesting send only the TX even without its battery to lower the shipping charges. Would Hitec accept it too?
Please refer query direct by email/phone to Hitec Warranty & Service

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 02-16-2011, 05:14 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: nh4clo4 I got my Aurora from MN hobbies also, at the time he was the only place to get one. Hitec accepted his receipt forthe free receiver promotion, It would be best to send to Hitec. Hitec has a forum on RCU, you can contact them there also. ED
This thread is on that same RCU forum:
Radio Manufacturer Direct Support >> Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service >>

Alan T.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:22 AM
ramazon

I sent the radio to the Hitec Customer Service. It arrived there on Feb 28th. Hitec sent an email confirming the TX was received for service on Mar 1st and reported 7 to 10 days to return the item under warranty or charge for the repair. I understood that It depends on their technical analysis to charge or consider the repair under warranty.

Additionaly to the problems found on my TX already mentioned here, I reported too a delay between any stick movement and response from the servos (I noticed that the servos of my Align T-Rex 450 Sport Super Combo was taking around 0.3 secs to respond). Waiting for Hitec now. I'll keep you posted about next happenings.