Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Aurora 9 chg adapter

Old 02-20-2011, 08:20 PM
Beagle RC Air

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aurora 9 chg adapter

At the NW Hobby Expo I found a booth that sold Sirius chargers and Hitec transmitters. No better place to find out if I can use my Sirius Pro Charger with the yet unused Aurora 9 transmitter, right? Yep, "you can do that with this little 6 cell adapter and I will show you" the saleman said. No mods needed. Damn I thought, this is too easy, plug it into the transmitter and hook up the Sirius charger and sure enough the green light on the demo charger came on. $8.95 not that bad for 4" piece of duplex wire and male end and a female end.
Doesn't work that way when I got home. Checked out the continituity thru both the + and - side and it should work. A little reading on the 'net' reveals that it had a diode in the transmitter just llike my Futaba 7 cap had. Not really interested in wiring around the diode and depending on the wall wart is not what I want either. So, any ideas ?

beagle
Old 02-20-2011, 08:36 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Aurora 9 chg adapter

ORIGINAL: Beagle RC Air At the NW Hobby Expo I found a booth that sold Sirius chargers and Hitec transmitters. No better place to find out if I can use my Sirius Pro Charger with the yet unused Aurora 9 transmitter, right? Yep, "you can do that with this little 6 cell adapter and I will show you" the saleman said. No mods needed. Damn I thought, this is too easy, plug it into the transmitter and hook up the Sirius charger and sure enough the green light on the demo charger came on. $8.95 not that bad for 4" piece of duplex wire and male end and a female end.
Doesn't work that way when I got home. Checked out the continituity thru both the + and - side and it should work. A little reading on the 'net' reveals that it had a diode in the transmitter just llike my Futaba 7 cap had. Not really interested in wiring around the diode and depending on the wall wart is not what I want either. So, any ideas ? beagle
Hitec Aurora, Eclipse, Flash, Optic, Prism series - Lipo and Field / Fast Charging
"5) Diode in TX Charge Circuit Never Jump TX Charge Circuit Diodes - Hitec FAQ."

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, Spectra Modules & Optima Transceivers - FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links