Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Disassembling Hitec HS-7955TG, how?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 12:42 AM
Swissy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disassembling Hitec HS-7955TG, how?

Hello

Due to a mishap I damaged the wires of a brand new Hitec 7955TG.
Instead of sending it in I thougt to change/ shorten the wires myself and re-solder them on to the contacts of the circuit board.
Now I am having some problems in disassembling the servo.
Bottom and top part of the servo case is off, gear as well, but I cannot separate the mid-part of the case from the part with the cooling rings. I wouldn't like to spoil anything but wonder, if I need to put some pressure on the motor-shaft and/ or the shaft of the potentio to remove and have access on both sides of the circuit board. Is the board glued in?
Can anybody help me?
Thanks, Daniel

Old 04-08-2011, 08:11 AM
Brendan Lugo

Default RE: Disassembling Hitec HS-7955TG, how?

You would have to unsolder the 3 motor tabs from the pc board first.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:49 PM
Swissy

Default RE: Disassembling Hitec HS-7955TG, how?

Hello

Here what I found out so far:
As the motor is soldered directly to the board the two have to be removed together.
I managed to disassemble as follows: With giving some pressure onto the shaft of the engine the last will come out. Take care not to damage the seat of the shaft in the servo case. As a matter of fact the motor it is fixed with some glue in the servo case.
The easiest way to remove it is to place a matching piece of piano wire into the chuck of the electric drilling machine (fixed in the drill rig) and use this as a press. For this the servo case has to rest absolutely level on a support plate.
No (de) soldering is necessary!

Best regards, Daniel