Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Kevlar fuse and 2,4 ghz

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 11:15 AM
grønnskolling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kevlar fuse and 2,4 ghz

Do I need to take any precaution when using an Optima9 in a kevlar fuselage?? I range cheked it in arouns 150 m and no problems.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:30 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Kevlar fuse and 2,4 ghz

ORIGINAL: gr�nnskolling Do I need to take any precaution when using an Optima9 in a kevlar fuselage?? I range cheked it in arouns 150 m and no problems.
150m is good.Many modern sailplanes are constructed with 2.4GHz-friendly fuselages which havethe forward section of the fuselage constructed from non-conductive materials like fiberglass and Kevlar which don’t affect the RF signal.However, Kevlar maybemixed with CF in some fuselages whichhas asimilarinterferanceeffect on 2.4ghzas an all Carbon Fibre fuse.
The picturesattached:
Optima Transceiver (RX) - Installation RX & BODA Antenna FAQ, Volts & Range Test Results. {Regularily Updated with Q&A} are worth a view as well as Mike's review.

Carbon-Kevlar fuselage and Antenna is a typical related Q&A thread

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 04-25-2011, 12:10 PM
grønnskolling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kevlar fuse and 2,4 ghz

Its the oposite in my plane, Vladimirs Model Graphite 2.(motornosecone). The front is combined kevlar/cf. The rear is kevlar. So I have put the antennas back in the fuselage, one unde and one over my rx battery. The range check was done just walking dawn the field wiggling my rudder, while my friend was cheking the plane.